leigh Griffiths

greenockraver

Guest DAVIDB69

Doubt he will be getting many games for Celtic so it’s a no from me .

I hope he has recovered from his problems , but he is 30 this year , time to look to the future

6 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Doubt he will be getting many games for Celtic so it’s a no from me .

I hope he has recovered from his problems , but he is 30 this year , time to look to the future

remains to be seen, he did what was asked of him tonight.

30 aint old  even for a striker. larsson was 28 when he signed for celtic. (not for one minute suggesting any correlative ability levels). 

Edited by greenockraver

Hopefully he can get back to somewhere near his best, at that point he comes into contention and adds to our scant options which is no bad thing.

Dykes and Shankland show potential and could maybe be longer term options alongside McBurnie and Griffiths. Is there anyone else?

1 hour ago, greenockraver said:

remains to be seen, he did what was asked of him tonight.

30 aint old  even for a striker. larsson was 28 when he signed for celtic. (not for one minute suggesting any correlative ability levels). 

He was 25.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He'll never be a regular for Celtic again. It's not exactly a secret why he isn't getting the chances even when others are struggling.

Only If you choose to believe unsubstantiated things by randoms on twitter as fact. 

I did see Griffiths was saying tho putting his fingers in his ears was to fire back at the social media abuse.

Wee idea for him, don't go on social media.

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Only If you choose to believe unsubstantiated things by randoms on twitter as fact. 

I did see Griffiths was saying tho putting his fingers in his ears was to fire back at the social media abuse.

Wee idea for him, don't go on social media.

Nothing to do with twitter. The guy is a mess. Celtic don't want to play him and nobody who wants to gamble can afford him.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Nothing to do with twitter. The guy is a mess. Celtic don't want to play him and nobody who wants to gamble can afford him.

Ok so where are you getting this information on his personal state?

They literally just played him in their last game, from the start. With their new fit striker on the bench.

Just now, BingMcCrosby said:

Ok so where are you getting this information on his personal state?

They literally just played him in their last game, from the start. With their new fit striker on the bench.

Against Partick Thistle in the cup. They've nee playing Mikey Johnston ahead of him in some games.

And I'm hardly going to announce who told me something on twitter. Safe to say they are involved within the game in Scottish football. If you don't want to believe it then that's fine. 

15 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Against Partick Thistle in the cup. They've nee playing Mikey Johnston ahead of him in some games.

And I'm hardly going to announce who told me something on twitter. Safe to say they are involved within the game in Scottish football. If you don't want to believe it then that's fine. 

I'm not 100% sure what "they've nee playing" means. But in anycase I think you mean Lewis Morgan rather than Mikey Johnston who has started games ahead of him recently.

As for the second part, I think it's safe to say your an idiot.

You think it's ok to publicly make decorations regarding someone's mental state and personal circumstances. With absolutely no insight into either of these things.

It's not ok to do either of these things.

Just now, BingMcCrosby said:

I'm not 100% sure what "they've nee playing" means. But in anycase I think you mean Lewis Morgan rather than Mikey Johnston who has started games ahead of him recently.

As for the second part, I think it's safe to say your an idiot.

You think it's ok to publicly make decorations regarding someone's mental state and personal circumstances. With absolutely no insight into either of these things.

It's not ok to do either of these things.

netflix antonio GIF

Wouldn't get carried away with him making a tidy finish from a completely unmarked position against fucking Thistle.

He just needs to play.  We've got something like 8 weeks between now and the squad being announced.  If he's the best option at that point, he absolutely should play.  Hopefully he is, as if he plays to his potential, he's our best option.  Have my doubts though.

Dykes and Shankland show potential and could maybe be longer term options alongside McBurnie and Griffiths. Is there anyone else?

Assuming none of the English guys being banded about jump over, only other obvious candidate moving forward is Fraser Hornby, purely because he was heavily involved with the Under 21’s and scored a few goals, and had now been sent out on loan from Everton.

A lot has been written about Josh McPeak at Rangers, but who really knows how far away he is from breaking into that side.

16 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Assuming none of the English guys being banded about jump over, only other obvious candidate moving forward is Fraser Hornby, purely because he was heavily involved with the Under 21’s and scored a few goals, and had now been sent out on loan from Everton.

A lot has been written about Josh McPeak at Rangers, but who really knows how far away he is from breaking into that side.

Hornby did well for a spell for the U21s but has drawn a blank for the last fair few games now. Also, after a bright start in Belgium,  he's fallen out of the picture there unfortunately.

In short, he's not ready (might never be, but hopefully will).

On 20/01/2020 at 21:53, PB4U said:

Griffiths comes straight into the squad.   

1st Naismith 
2nd Griffiths 
3rd Shankland 

If any of them gets injured then Oli Burke.  

Are you being serious?

We’ve got a £20 million striker playing regularly and scoring for a top half Premiership side and you’re picking these guys ahead of him?

Do you seriously think that any of these guys would get even near the bench at Sheffield United?

Some people are totally and utterly clueless! 😂