Elgin vs Stenny

I fancy Elgin to win this one pretty convincingly, Smart is shrewd signing & I think they will have too much, for Stenny side who have struggled defensively all season, I do think Stenny have strengthened tho, Spence is interesting signing, not sure how good he is these days but good player.

What can we say. Another difficult game for both teams. If Elgin can play as they did last week, then hopefully home win, tough ask for us two weeks in a row though! Elgin’s results have been a bit indifferent at home and Stenny done us 1 0 at BB earlier in the season so should fancy their chances.

I'll start by saying I've backed Elgin on my fixed odds coupon.   This looks a home win banker and 4/6 odds seem VERY generous.

Elgin are always a good team for this league, and will be looking to get their position for the play-offs booked.

Think Stenny have had a couple of small bits of good news this week player wise, and I hope they improve enough to stay in the League for next season.

I fancy Elgin to win this one pretty convincingly, Smart is shrewd signing & I think they will have too much, for Stenny side who have struggled defensively all season, I do think Stenny have strengthened tho, Spence is interesting signing, not sure how good he is these days but good player.
Lolz

I'll start by saying I've backed Elgin on my fixed odds coupon.   This looks a home win banker and 4/6 odds seem VERY generous.
Elgin are always a good team for this league, and will be looking to get their position for the play-offs booked.
Think Stenny have had a couple of small bits of good news this week player wise, and I hope they improve enough to stay in the League for next season.
Lolz

1 hour ago, SuperCowden said:

Got to give credit to Stenny, I don't think much people expected them to win today, even their own fans, sure Brechin will be worried now

Maybe Elgin should be worried now, too...

Yet another poorhome performance from a team which is seriously underperforming given the quality of the players. Why play Rory McEwan at right back when we have two established defenders on the bench ? Incidentally Ross Graham who came on at half time having been signed from Dundee United on loan looked the part. Rory was being given the runaround in the first half and we could have lost more goals. The change should have been made by  Gavin long before half time. Not for the first time this season we missed good chances and until McKay scored his spectacular goal  it seemed unlikely we would score. We then have our usual 10 min excellent spell before shrinking back into our shell again and concede a last minute goal. Credit to Stenhousemuir who worked their socks off. Where do we go from here? The comment from Jacksgranda above may be appropriate but I still hope we can hit some consistent form to give us a chance of the playoffs. I would like to see Rabin Omar and Brian Cameron in central midfield. I was surprised Rabin was taken off as I thought he was playing well but I feel he would contribute more in a more central role. Shane started well but faded  and started to run with the ball and failed to pass when required. 

I can'tbelieve Rory got the man of match award. Must have been his pals!! Rant over!

Have to say that was a great performance by the Warriors today and maybe has been coming.  Solid in defence and especially midfield and tireless up front.  Did however fear the worst when Elgin got their second and thought at that point we would collapse as we have done in so many games recently. Absolutely great to see us doing a number at the death.  

so disappointed this season is going down the pan with poor team selection and baffling tactics. Cant agree with commets above thought omar was really poor and offers nothing out wide only when mckay came on did we wake up. thought rory deserved man of the match not his fault price put him in daft position and showed alot of maturity with a great second half in his proper positon 

Come on Elgin the playoff spots are with your reach and you have the team to get there. Annan are fading and Cowden are starting to drop points.

When I saw MacKay at Balmoral I was really impressed. He’s rapid and keen to get forward. Has he been starting any games at all or always from the bench?