Should single club threads be banned?

Sortmeout

Should single club threads be banned?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the Premiership forum suffering a bit of lack of interest (not sure about the diddy leagues) I was wondering what other people thought about the single club threads?

I feel that it reduces interaction on the various sub-forums. The news about Stephen Robinson yesterday would’ve generated a lot of discussion previously on here but I only found out about it because I went to the Motherwell thread to see what the reaction was to N’Djoli signing.

Use your voting rights well fellow postered.

There is a bit of an issue with oversegregation, but the trouble with your solution is that you run the risk of flooding the forum with every piece of inconsequential team news that isn't related to a current matchday. The threads are a place where folks can gossip about transfer rumours, managerial strops, the quality of the pies, season ticket sales, extra-curricular player/manager activities (like the manager beating up his girlfriend in the middle of Princes Street), business affairs and the shitness of the team badge without spamming the League thread with twenty different threads for each team. Things that might warrant two or three comment posts, but not a full-on thread to themselves.

You may have to just train yourself to take a passing interest in the affairs of Ross County and Hamilton Academicals now and then until there's a better solution.

Edited by Aim Here

How would [mention=31296]RandomGuy[/mention] be able to drone endless spaff on threads about Aberdeen, Dundee and Celtic if this were to be implemented?*

*It won't. 

He posts more than the average Hearts fan on our thread as well. Fairly innocuous though, we’re perhaps less “trollable” than the aforementioned idiots?

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Monkey Tennis in this instance. Think he made an effort to improve though.

I didn't really offer any "you're shite" posts.  I just had an understandable chuckle at a relatively big club getting relegated to the third tier, as well as providing some supportive posts when most of you were concerned about that charlatan taking over.

I thought you'd be able to cope with it.