Scott Robertson - West Committee

HaroldWilson

9 hours ago, Wee Albert said:

Time to move on I think I know that there are people out there who want there pound of flesh but he has resigned John Fyfe has been asked to temporarily step in to that role till something else is sorted.

it doesn’t do anyone any credit to hound this man just because you don’t like him.

He was wrong rightly resigned move on 

Don't think you really get this.

Better hope wee things like what little sponsors we have don't look too close at this.

This isn't personal about some redneck ranting in some Junior ground in the backend of nowhere with 20 people there, it's way beyond that.

Btw, i'm surprised the 21st century cops haven't paid him a visit.

2 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Don't think you really get this.

Better hope wee things like what little sponsors we have don't look too close at this.

This isn't personal about some redneck ranting in some Junior ground in the backend of nowhere with 20 people there, it's way beyond that.

Btw, i'm surprised the 21st century cops haven't paid him a visit.

Move on pal. It’s done and Scott is gone. 

13 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

I don't think there's been any element of witch hunt about it at all - like it or not, it's a topic of discussion.

What's more alarming in is there are some out there who appear to regard his comments as a mere faux pas or slip of the tongue when in 2020 the word he used is literally the most offensive thing someone can say...I've tried and failed completely to think of something else that would have the same jarring effect these days.

Of course we've all used unfortunate turns of phrase at times and said things that could be construed as offensive...I know I have on many occasions, but I've never dropped an N-bomb in the middle of a meeting.

How can I be so sure of that? Well, I'm still in a job for starters.

It's also rung some alarm bells with a lot of people that the region's initial gut reaction was to hold an enquiry rather than deal with the matter summarily there and then. Whether the media got a hold of the story through a whistleblower or through channels such as this forum, they're done us all a favour by forcing the issue and bringing it out into the open. I suspect any enquiry would have dished out no more than a slap on the wrist which would have been an utterly unacceptable result. It's worrying though and casts doubt on their judgement that they thought even for a moment that the situation was manageable and possibly even salvageable even after the story had broken.

He would have probably chaired the enquiry!

On 19/01/2020 at 10:17, Lokloyal said:

Absolutely spot on.One mans private life was causing reduced gates at every junior game in the country.3pm is for football in so far as the time of year permits.

It wasn't one man's private life. The issue was debated at an West Region AGM a few years ago and was voted down by the clubs. One of the main reasons against was that players and committee who are there every week, home and away, like to get home at a decent hour to enjoy their Saturday evening elsewhere, particularly on an away day.  If crowds surged on non-league days I'm sure that might've swayed some, but they don't so it didn't. That's democracy. The same individual was dead set against the 16 team leagues of the all West Region league reconstruction. Democracy won there too. 

35 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Funny you've not told any of Mr Redneck's pals on here to move on.

You persist in calling him a “redneck”, which is a derogatory term, no one else one here has. 

Get off your soap box and move on. You’re in no position to be demeaning the man for his behaviour when yours is, quite frankly, just as bad. 

Edited by Referee021

2 hours ago, Brig O'Lea said:
On 19/01/2020 at 10:17, Lokloyal said:

It wasn't one man's private life. The issue was debated at an West Region AGM a few years ago and was voted down by the clubs. One of the main reasons against was that players and committee who are there every week, home and away, like to get home at a decent hour to enjoy their Saturday evening elsewhere, particularly on an away day.

Surprising that only the West Region have this problem, while the East Region, EOS, and LL kick-offs are all 2.30 or 3pm. Does the game finishing at about 4pm versus 4.30pm make that big of a difference?

2 minutes ago, Referee021 said:

You persist in calling him a “redneck”, which is a derogatory term, no one else one here has. 

Get off your soap box and move on. You’re in no position to be demeaning the man for his behaviour when yours is, quite frankly, just as bad. 

Behave, i was answering another poster and you butted in.

Mr Redneck under the circumstances seems not an unreasonable monicker.

3 hours ago, Brig O'Lea said:

It wasn't one man's private life. The issue was debated at an West Region AGM a few years ago and was voted down by the clubs. One of the main reasons against was that players and committee who are there every week, home and away, like to get home at a decent hour to enjoy their Saturday evening elsewhere, particularly on an away day.  If crowds surged on non-league days I'm sure that might've swayed some, but they don't so it didn't. That's democracy. The same individual was dead set against the 16 team leagues of the all West Region league reconstruction. Democracy won there too. 

It just seems unnecessary for the West Region to start off in a weak position by having kick off times and games clash directly with other football whether live or on television when that can easily be avoided with a 3pm ko.We have to do everything to promote and market the game and give it every chance to draw in fans and attention.It was never a problem in the past when roads were poorer with far fewer motorway stretches so in the 21st century it shouldn’t be an issue-the farthest journey in the West Region is hardly the Dakar Rally....

2 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

It just seems unnecessary for the West Region to start off in a weak position by having kick off times and games clash directly with other football whether live or on television when that can easily be avoided with a 3pm ko.We have to do everything to promote and market the game and give it every chance to draw in fans and attention.It was never a problem in the past when roads were poorer with far fewer motorway stretches so in the 21st century it shouldn’t be an issue-the farthest journey in the West Region is hardly the Dakar Rally....

I occasionally drive through Muirkirk... they have a totem pole! 😂

7 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

All it takes is one club to get it back on the agenda for the AGM and canvass support from other like minded clubs.

Still wondering why this particular subject is in this thread though??

1 hour ago, santheman said:

All it takes is one club to get it back on the agenda for the AGM and canvass support from other like minded clubs.

Still wondering why this particular subject is in this thread though??

Because Robertson was at the helm when the whole kick off time debacle was undertaken and as it is one of the biggest problems perhaps a fresh regime might help us get back to a beneficial position 

11 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Because Robertson was at the helm when the whole kick off time debacle was undertaken and as it is one of the biggest problems perhaps a fresh regime might help us get back to a beneficial position 

Better chance of it now but it will still be up to the clubs to lobby for change (if enough want it)

With regard to kick off times ....

I am sure (but have been wrong before) that when Kenny Young came in he has stated that clubs can change the kick off time (even date) if both clubs agree

so if both clubs agree and the home club asks the game can be Friday night - it can be 12, 1, 2 or 3 oclock on Saturday (as long as light enough) and even on a Sunday

Clubs only need to ask - as said I might be wrong but sure this is available now

On 23/01/2020 at 13:03, Ginaro said:

Surprising that only the West Region have this problem, while the East Region, EOS, and LL kick-offs are all 2.30 or 3pm. Does the game finishing at about 4pm versus 4.30pm make that big of a difference?

Plainly it does or clubs would vote for it. The clubs are the West Region and if the majority of clubs want 2pm then that's the correct ko time. 

13 minutes ago, Brig O'Lea said:

Plainly it does or clubs would vote for it. The clubs are the West Region and if the majority of clubs want 2pm then that's the correct ko time. 

On the recent Voice of the Juniors podcast the topic of changing times was brought up. The two hosts and I believe it was the Vale of Clyde manager supported the current kickoff times.

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Ok.

maybe I am just a juniors fan who thinks directly competing against televised football and internationals won’t help us attract interest or fans.

Discuss.

If you are looking to maximise the junior game then there is no feasible argument to not alter the kick off times to 1500.

Pish. 

The feasible argument being that I couldn't get to many games (except in the middle of winter) if we revert back to three o'clock.

I can't be the only one in that position and the 2pm suits me just fine thanks very much.

This is a mental idea as the two o'clock KO has worked perfectly well since we voted for its implementation.

You want to change because it suits two blokes fae Pollok and one guy fae Borrheid ?

There are more pressing matters going on at the moment than this.