Scott Robertson - West Committee

HaroldWilson

1 minute ago, Lokloyal said:

Yes there is absolutely no reason to continue the 2pm nonsense when all it has done is reduce gates across the Region.2pm hasn’t been consistent either-yesterday we kicked off at 1.45 etc etc.That and playing fixtures in direct competition to Scotland internationals when it isn’t necessary have really harmed clubs financially.Lets give ourselves a fresh chance to put our grade in its strongest position to attract fans-not keep shooting ourselves in the foot with decisions made on illogical and antiquated grounds.

And on the Scotland note... can think of a few occasions in early 00s when Lok were given Arthurlie at home (and occasionally away) directly against a Scotland game on TV (and sometimes at Hampden. First weekend in September was a popular one. While Lie have fallen away in times since, it was a big thing then between two good sides. And Guess Who was at least once asked if the kick off could be moved a few hours earlier to lessen impact on gate. The response? Typewriter Says Naw. But not as polite. 

9 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

That the polis are racist to the core and never to be trusted?

Institutionalised racism is well documented in police services all across the UK.

Thankfully the cops have been dragged all be it kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.

You'd only need one conversation with Constable Redneck to see the educational level of the average cop 60 years ago.

He's 82 (do these SJFA guys ever retire) so i'm taking it he was a polis 50/60 years back.

Edited by Tutankhamen
Revenge is best served cold

20 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Thankfully the cops have been dragged all be it kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.

You'd only need one conversation with Constable Redneck to see the educational level of the average cop 60 years ago.

He's 82 (do these SJFA guys ever retire) so i'm taking it he was a polis 50/60 years back.

Eh, 82? No wonder he's away with it.

21 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Eh, 82? No wonder he's away with it.

You never been to any of the meetings?

It would be a miracle to find anyone in the room not in possession of a free bus pass. Scary part is they almost all drive to the meetings.

I can honestly see more a few Junior clubs going to the wall within the next couple of decades just by the demographics alone.

Guest Mr Happy
You never been to any of the meetings?

It would be a miracle to find anyone in the room not in possession of a free bus pass. Scary part is they almost all drive to the meetings.

I can honestly see more a few Junior clubs going to the wall within the next couple of decades just by the demographics alone.

As the holder of a bus pass, I find your post offensive [emoji5][emoji23]

Suppose I better stop driving now [emoji23]

Any statement would have to be approved, verified, ratified, and officially issued by the General Secretary of the Association under the auspices of the guidance of the articles covered by paragraph 94 (sub-section C) as amended in the previous minute covering part-time posts created entirely for the convenience of auld simpletons.

Everybody knows that. You should be ashamed at yourself for asking.

Or maybe they thought it could get all legal if they sacked him given his length of service. Just hang on a bit and he might go without prompting. And luckily for the West Region that's how it turned out.
You do know TJ announced an official investigation.
That should still happen.
Certainly resigning does not always stop investigations in the real world where gross misconduct is at stake.
Tbf I dont expect him down the brew signing on for his unemployment benefit (I'm in 80s still) anytime soon.

Time to move on I think I know that there are people out there who want there pound of flesh but he has resigned John Fyfe has been asked to temporarily step in to that role till something else is sorted.

it doesn’t do anyone any credit to hound this man just because you don’t like him.

He was wrong rightly resigned move on 

24 minutes ago, Wee Albert said:

Time to move on I think I know that there are people out there who want there pound of flesh but he has resigned John Fyfe has been asked to temporarily step in to that role till something else is sorted.

it doesn’t do anyone any credit to hound this man just because you don’t like him.

He was wrong rightly resigned move on 

The issue is that although he has resigned, the West Region has not made any official condemnation of his remark. In that way, they remain complicit. This isn't about everyone getting their pound of flesh, although I suspect many are happy to see him go. I see they have announced an investigation, but a simple statement that his comments were unacceptable and under investigation would be enough.

I don't think there's been any element of witch hunt about it at all - like it or not, it's a topic of discussion.

What's more alarming in is there are some out there who appear to regard his comments as a mere faux pas or slip of the tongue when in 2020 the word he used is literally the most offensive thing someone can say...I've tried and failed completely to think of something else that would have the same jarring effect these days.

Of course we've all used unfortunate turns of phrase at times and said things that could be construed as offensive...I know I have on many occasions, but I've never dropped an N-bomb in the middle of a meeting.

How can I be so sure of that? Well, I'm still in a job for starters.

It's also rung some alarm bells with a lot of people that the region's initial gut reaction was to hold an enquiry rather than deal with the matter summarily there and then. Whether the media got a hold of the story through a whistleblower or through channels such as this forum, they're done us all a favour by forcing the issue and bringing it out into the open. I suspect any enquiry would have dished out no more than a slap on the wrist which would have been an utterly unacceptable result. It's worrying though and casts doubt on their judgement that they thought even for a moment that the situation was manageable and possibly even salvageable even after the story had broken.

Edited by Hillonearth