Scott Robertson - West Committee

HaroldWilson

1 hour ago, geo87 said:

Do you think it was the correct decision for him to go?

What is your opinion on the way he and the committee have handled it?

Of course it was the right decision he had to go language like that is not acceptable especially from someone holding a position like he did.

Unfortunately there are no winners in this issue, the West Region could have handled it better as one of the committee should have addressed it right away as soon as it was said, and then spoke to Mr Robertson after the meeting offering him the chance to resign.  The Robertson haters and that’s what it was didn’t cover themselves in glory either as none of them who attended the meeting said anything at the time, and couldn’t wait to run to the papers with it, some of the language used against him was appalling. Not any better than he used.

Lessons to be learned by all I think

Scott Robertson should have been put out too pasture years ago.
An embarrassment and a relic from a bygone era.

Of course it was the right decision he had to go language like that is not acceptable especially from someone holding a position like he did.
Unfortunately there are no winners in this issue, the West Region could have handled it better as one of the committee should have addressed it right away as soon as it was said, and then spoke to Mr Robertson after the meeting offering him the chance to resign.  The Robertson haters and that’s what it was didn’t cover themselves in glory either as none of them who attended the meeting said anything at the time, and couldn’t wait to run to the papers with it, some of the language used against him was appalling. Not any better than he used.

Nothing to do with insulting the juniors.
It's like all your posts I struggle to make sense of them

no i'm pretty sure its you it was clearly a quote from father ted altered but because it was an insult on the joonyurs you didn;t like it. 

2 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Nothing to do with insulting the juniors.
It's like all your posts I struggle to make sense of them

It made me think of the episode of father Ted where Father ted did the chinaman impression and was caught.

A man from the village says I hear your a racist now father. Is this the churches position? I'm not sure i could give much time to.the old racism father.

The sjfa version would be longtime lurker saying I hear your a racist now to scott Robertson. Is this the sjfa position. I'm not sure I could give much time to the old racisism mr secretary lol

Is that any clearer for you?

[emoji106][emoji16]

It made me think of the episode of father Ted where Father ted did the chinaman impression and was caught.
A man from the village says I hear your a racist now father. Is this the churches position? I'm not sure i could give much time to.the old racism father.
The sjfa version would be longtime lurker saying I hear your a racist now to scott Robertson. Is this the sjfa position. I'm not sure I could give much time to the old racisism mr secretary lol

Is that any clearer for you?

1 hour ago, Wee Albert said:

Can you provide some specific examples of the language used towards him which was "not any better" than outright racism?

4 hours ago, RabPrytzPantz said:

Didn’t have the balls to challenge it there and then, just like nobody ever has, let the papers do their work for them.

The lack of challenge isn't the issue. It was a self inflicted wound that did the damage to an individual who was already unpopular.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Has he though?

Time to move on now that he has resigned the Association will go from strength to strength and all will be well with the world.
The haters will need to look for someone else to hate.
The president for Racist and Bigotted  language has been sent so hopefully that will send a message to all member clubs 

2 hours ago, Wee Albert said:

The best post on this thread by a country mile. 

Scott had to go, that was very clear. His language was unbecoming of a Secretary of The SJFA West Region & it is further disappointing as he is an ex policeman, who ought to know better. 

To the little bitchy delegates who gave the story to the papers; well done. Well done for bringing unnecessary attention to this matter which covers the region, it’s clubs and various individuals in absolute ****. 

Maybe you want to resign as well as Scott and go join an OAPs tea party where you can spread as much gossip as you like without there being consequences for football clubs. 

4 minutes ago, Referee021 said:

The best post on this thread by a country mile. 

Scott had to go, that was very clear. His language was unbecoming of a Secretary of The SJFA West Region & it is further disappointing as he is an ex policeman, who ought to know better. 

To the little bitchy delegates who gave the story to the papers; well done. Well done for bringing unnecessary attention to this matter which covers the region, it’s clubs and various individuals in absolute ****. 

Maybe you want to resign as well as Scott and go join an OAPs tea party where you can spread as much gossip as you like without there being consequences for football clubs. 

It's not unnecessary attention. The only people covered in "absolute ****" as you put it are the man himself and the WRJFA for not immediately condemning his remark. "Unbecoming"? It was racism, pure and simple.

The story will have been picked up from here (one of the quotes is directly lifted) and from social media.

The lack of challenge isn't the issue. It was a self inflicted wound that did the damage to an individual who was already unpopular.

I totally agree and with all the insurmountable discontent most of the club delegates had/have towards this man this could have been dealt with on the night when all was there to witness. But as I posted, nobody was big enough to challenge it and let it become someone else’s influence to to do the job.

12 minutes ago, RabPrytzPantz said:

I totally agree and with all the insurmountable discontent most of the club delegates had/have towards this man this could have been dealt with on the night when all was there to witness. But as I posted, nobody was big enough to challenge it and let it become someone else’s influence to to do the job.

You blame the delegates.

Try you're fellow mates on the committee first, Scott.