Scott Robertson - West Committee

HaroldWilson

4 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Absolutely spot on.One mans private life was causing reduced gates at every junior game in the country.3pm is for football in so far as the time of year permits.

As I remember the 2pm kick off times were introduced because the kick off times throughout the season were constantly changing when the light dwindled so in the past we did start at 3 then it went down every 15minutes as the winter months came in then come March they went back to 3 till the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

As I remember the 2pm kick off times were introduced because the kick off times throughout the season were constantly changing when the light dwindled so in the past we did start at 3 then it went down every 15minutes as the winter months came in then come March they went back to 3 till the end of the season.

When the 2pm kick offs were introduced, there was no live TV game on a Saturday lunchtime as part of the Scottish TV contract. That only came in the following season. Having a 2pm (except in Dec-Feb) is giving floating fans the option to stay in the pub and watch their favourite OF away team then followed up by Jeff Stelling rather than think "ah actually I want to watch a game today." 

Edited by cmontheloknow

9 hours ago, PRICEY said:

It’s a question in relation to your use of the phrase “crayon munchers”,which is a derogatory reference to people with learning difficulties,in the future of the Juniors thread.Im sure you’ll remember it was pointed out to you that this was offensive.

Pots,kettles etc.

WTF 🤣

6 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

It's odd that, isn't it? 60 or so delegates as well as Management Committee and not one walked out or stood up to complain. It's almost as if they weren't that angry at the time but later thought we'd better get offended by this. I think most of the outrage on here is caused by people hating the man and they've found their "Gotcha" moment and now they can get rid of him.

The apology isn't enough. Getting rid of him isn't enough - the West Region didn't act fast enough. Maybe the whole West Region office bearers should stand down. Maybe the West Region should be kicked out of football.

And here come the red dots again.

You're picking a strange hill to die on.

6 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

When the 2pm kick offs were introduced, there was no live TV game on a Saturday lunchtime as part of the Scottish TV contract. That only came in the following season. Having a 2pm (except in Dec-Feb) is giving floating fans the option to stay in the pub and watch their favourite OF away team then followed up by Jeff Stelling rather than think "ah actually I want to watch a game today." 

That's right and you relied on the local paper for kick off times who always got them wrong and when you got your fixture on a Sunday for the following Saturday they were introduced to save confusion.

2 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

That's right and you relied on the local paper for kick off times who always got them wrong and when you got your fixture on a Sunday for the following Saturday they were introduced to save confusion.

I think things are a wee bit different now compared to 2002 in terms of the internet etc... It is no excuse.

6 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

It's odd that, isn't it? 60 or so delegates as well as Management Committee and not one walked out or stood up to complain. It's almost as if they weren't that angry at the time but later thought we'd better get offended by this. I think most of the outrage on here is caused by people hating the man and they've found their "Gotcha" moment and now they can get rid of him.

The apology isn't enough. Getting rid of him isn't enough - the West Region didn't act fast enough. Maybe the whole West Region office bearers should stand down. Maybe the West Region should be kicked out of football.

And here come the red dots again.

Generally when racists like Robertson get called out for their racism, they get angry and aggressive about it and cause a scene. I'm therefore not surprised, considering the power he wielded, that people didn't immediately say something. You would have to be incredibly brave to stand up to someone like that in such a setting, particularly when you probably don't know how much support you are going to have. It has been clear from the posting on here that several people felt incredibly uncomfortable, which is why it made its way on here so quickly.

The easiest way to avoid being hounded out of his job for being racist would have been to not be racist. Then there wouldn't have been a "Gotcha moment" as you describe it.

It’s a question in relation to your use of the phrase “crayon munchers”,which is a derogatory reference to people with learning difficulties,in the future of the Juniors thread.Im sure you’ll remember it was pointed out to you that this was offensive.

Pots,kettles etc.

Slaver. Whilst it’s origins might’ve been in poor taste, (I thought it came from The Simpsons?) it’s all about context and the only place I ever hear that phrase used is in a football environment where it’s used to describe idiots and morons.

22 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Slaver. Whilst it’s origins might’ve been in poor taste, (I thought it came from The Simpsons?) it’s all about context and the only place I ever hear that phrase used is in a football environment where it’s used to describe idiots and morons.

A brief search reveals that crayon muncher / eater appears to be a very popular phrase on P&B, whilst "n****r in the woodpile" isn't, I wonder why that is.

Edited by Burnie_man

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Ideally he should have been challenged on it, but I wouldn't judge people too harshly for not doing it as it's just an incredibly awkward and unexpected situation to find yourself in. The main thing is that he isn't given a second chance because that would be the real sign of having shat the bed. 

It’s good to see this being widely condemned on here as well . A few years ago there would have been a slew of apologists giving it 'how come it's awrite to call someone a fat or baldy b*****d but no a black wan?'. 

From what I heard yesterday, the initial reaction was confusion - the delegates looking at each other and going "Wait, did he just say...?"

There seemed to be an expectation that someone at the top table would intervene, but nothing was forthcoming in terms of taking action.

And I agree - it's done with now although it took a lot longer than I would have liked...indeed the length of time it took does nobody involved any credit whatsoever. What we can't allow and have to be on the lookout for however is for him being shoehorned back in after a few months has elapsed for the dust to clear in some manufactured new "special adviser" type of post.

It wouldn't be the first time after all.

Edited by Hillonearth

P.S. Don't distract from the tenet of this thread. The auld c*nt is an odious individual and always has been. I'm more worried that nobody stopped him the moment he said it.

Didn’t have the balls to challenge it there and then, just like nobody ever has, let the papers do their work for them.

Time to move on now that he has resigned the Association will go from strength to strength and all will be well with the world.

The haters will need to look for someone else to hate.

The president for Racist and Bigotted  language has been sent so hopefully that will send a message to all member clubs 

5 minutes ago, Wee Albert said:

Time to move on now that he has resigned the Association will go from strength to strength and all will be well with the world.

The president for Racist and Bigotted  language has been sent so hopefully that will send a message to all member clubs 

Don't tell me they've created a new post for him already :(

Do you think it was the correct decision for him to go?

What is your opinion on the way he and the committee have handled it?

It made me think of the episode of father Ted where he did the chinaman impression and was caught and the guy says I hear your a racist now father. Is this the churches position. I'm not sure i could give much time to.the old racism father.

The sjfa version is longtime lurker saying I hear your a racist now mr secretary. Is this the sjfa position. I'm not sure I could give much time to the old racisism mr secretary lol

Could you repeat this in English please?

It made me think of the episode of father Ted where he did the chinaman impression and was caught and the guy says I hear your a racist now father. Is this the churches position. I'm not sure i could give much time to.the old racism father.
The sjfa version is longtime lurker saying I hear your a racist now mr secretary. Is this the sjfa position. I'm not sure I could give much time to the old racisism mr secretary lol