Scott Robertson - West Committee

HaroldWilson

5 minutes ago, G4Mac said:
18 minutes ago, Bruno marsbar said:
Scott Robertson has announced he is standing down from his position as of immediate effect. 

Fat, far too late. This gesture means nothing for me now. He is gone because he has been told to go for the good of the region and sjfa. They should have punted him first thing yesterday morning, at least then I would have said fair play to the sjfa for acting swiftly and decisively.

Just no pleasing some people.

Just no pleasing some people.
Not about pleasing me or anyone else. It should have been done immediately after the meeting. Not almost 2 days later.

He is gone, but i suspect had it not been for the outcry there would have been no action. Hence the sjfa will most likely lose more reputation by it being done this way.

I actually wish they had done it straight after, it might have restored some semblance of confidence in them to lead.

Let's not lose perspective here. What was said was totally unacceptable and he has now rightfully resigned. This is a man who has given a lot to the game and yes he used language that has long since been deemed derogatory and offensive. That said it doesn't make him a racist. He shouldn't be demonized in this way. Not one delegate stood up and took him to task at the time of the meeting. Hes the product of a by gone age, and chat like that just proves he should have been gone long before, but please let's not try to hang the man for one poorly chosen turn of phrase. Hes gone . Hes apologised. Let's move on .

He should still be subject to a disciplinary meeting and banned for life. Resigning just gives him the opportunity to crawl back in a couple of years. Any disciplinary the man has sat on involving racist conduct etc should be reviewed, thats the way to make this right.

1 hour ago, kilsythblue said:

Let's not lose perspective here. What was said was totally unacceptable and he has now rightfully resigned. This is a man who has given a lot to the game and yes he used language that has long since been deemed derogatory and offensive. That said it doesn't make him a racist. He shouldn't be demonized in this way. Not one delegate stood up and took him to task at the time of the meeting. Hes the product of a by gone age, and chat like that just proves he should have been gone long before, but please let's not try to hang the man for one poorly chosen turn of phrase. Hes gone . Hes apologised. Let's move on .

Agree with moving on but please don't claim he's not a racist. Come on now.

2 hours ago, kilsythblue said:

Don't sanctify him either. I don't know the guy, but he was roundly condemned for making an absolute mess of the fixtures for years and was part of the West region that has deliberately held reorganisation back to preserve the status of a few individuals.

3 hours ago, kilsythblue said:

"All political careers end in failure," they say. And his role was political. A highly divisive individual and having been around and about the Junior game for over half my life, I have yet to hear more than a few people have a good word to say about him. It's likely this chiilled Schadenfreude has a sweet taste for some.

20 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Genuine question, despite agreeing that he should be removed and the language inexcusable, but is the guy well? Just some of the other things coming to light in this thread suggest otherwise.

Could we now get back to 3pm kick offs?No longer should the whole grade suffer for the sake of one team bus worrying about heavy traffic on the Kingston Bridge