Scott Robertson - West Committee

HaroldWilson

32 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

What are people saying about him that's comparable with a racial slur?

He needs to go and go now and the WRJFA need to release a statement wholeheartedly condemning his comments as at the moment they're complicit.

His apology that wasn't an apology was essentially "I'm sorry I said something that is going to lose me my position."

My point was not about what people are saying about Mr Robertson.

More about the comments that are made in general by others that can also bring the game into disrepute.

Just saying that people must be very careful what they put out on social media.

And I still sat he should be away.

Wee Alberts point about people in glass houses is very true.

45 minutes ago, maggotman said:

Why did someone go to the press with this? They must have been at the meeting. Why not challenge him and the management committee or immediately call for a vote to remove or suspend Robertson? Is trial by media the best way to deal with this? This should have been dealt with quickly at the meeting. Puts everyone there in a bad light in my opinion

Organiser of a Scottish football association says racist thing. At a meeting where 'Show Racism the Red Card' materials are being handed out and discussion over racist incidents that have taken place at games.

Can't imagine what's newsworthy about that.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

At no point would a slip of the tongue lead to me saying the word "n'gger". My grandparents are all in their 80s and from working class backgrounds in Falkirk. None of them would use that word in any context. Not to put racism into tiers but everyone knows it's a racial slur. There are other words which would be unacceptable but I'd be less shocked if someone used them. I was gobsmacked to see what was said.

Given that we're now well over 24 hours in with no action taken by the region, it would appear that the intention is to hunker in the bunker until the storm blows over, make like it never happened and carry on like before.

It's maybe down to the clubs to show the lead here...a start would be every West Region club running the Show Racism the Red Card banner in their social media and match programmes with immediate effect. Whether they want to explicitly link this to recent events is down to them...

1 minute ago, Hillonearth said:

It's maybe down to the clubs to show the lead here...a start would be every West Region club running the Show Racism the Red Card banner in their social media and match programmes with immediate effect. Whether they want to explicitly link this to recent events is down to them...

I've seen some clubs on Twitter have put up the Show Racsim the Red Card posts in the past day. One of them even has the additional tag line of Challenging Racism.

None of them seem to reference the situation explicitly, so to me at least at it looks very weak.

To ALL MEMBER CLUBS.

I wish to apologise to all member clubs regarding the racist word I used last night at our meeting.

I realise that it is a word that should not have been said and I apologise unreservedly and I trust clubs will accept this as sincerely as it is given.

James Scott Robertson.

General Secretary

IMG_3079.jpg

5 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

If this moron is not gone today then maybe time for the rest of them to walk.

It’s at that stage already imho, the lack of condemnation is inexcusable. Should have been done immediately or at worst the morning after. 

17 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Did he also send an apology to the EoS?

That's a complete non-issue here. Who gives a shit if he doesn't like the EoS? The man literally said the N word and you've got your knickers in a twist cause he implied contempt for a non league football association.

That's a complete non-issue here. Who gives a shit if he doesn't like the EoS? The man literally said the N word and you've got your knickers in a twist cause he implied contempt for a non league football association.

He literally used a racist term to describe another league body. Even you might be able to understand that that a public apology may be the right thing to do.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

He literally used a racist term to describe another league body. Even you might be able to understand that that a public apology may be the right thing to do.

"I am sorry for using a racial slur" - end of apology.

Scott Robertson has announced he is standing down from his position as of immediate effect. 
Fat, far too late. This gesture means nothing for me now. He is gone because he has been told to go for the good of the region and sjfa. They should have punted him first thing yesterday morning, at least then I would have said fair play to the sjfa for acting swiftly and decisively.