Scott Robertson - West Committee

HaroldWilson

You know - and im certainly no fan of the man - it's a shame that he'll be leaving in this manner. He's undoubtedly put a lot of years into the game, despite being an auld so-and-so ( to put it mildly ). He undoubtedly has to resign or be pushed - but it's not the way it shouldve happened ideally.

Fully accept he's brought it on himself btw. 

To ALL MEMBER CLUBS.

I wish to apologise to all member clubs regarding the racist word I used last night at our meeting.

I realise that it is a word that should not have been said and I apologise unreservedly and I trust clubs will accept this as sincerely as it is given.

James Scott Robertson.

General Secretary

Interesting that none of the usual apologists for him have stuck their heads above the parapet yet.

The bottom line is that a lot of families have got that dribbling old mess of an uncle that's liable to hit out with some reprehensible shit under the guise of "speaking his mind" or "calling it like he sees it". You grin and bear it, try to ignore it and wish he wouldn't get invited to family dos, except it would be more grief if he wasn't.

That's family and you're sort of stuck with it, but this case isn't...it's someone who holds office and I assume is still paid to represent the interests of the member clubs regardless of the fact that no-one seems to be sure what his actual job is anymore.

He's brought the region - and by extension and association with him its member clubs - into disrepute and needs to be emptied.

36 minutes ago, Darvel Pie said:

To ALL MEMBER CLUBS.

I wish to apologise to all member clubs regarding the racist word I used last night at our meeting.

I realise that it is a word that should not have been said and I apologise unreservedly and I trust clubs will accept this as sincerely as it is given.

James Scott Robertson.

Grand Wizard

1 hour ago, CopaMundials said:

Sacked, no question. Using the N word in any context is not on. Sorry off you pop, all the best.

I’d have gave this 2 likes if I could. The second one for the username 👌

1 hour ago, Darvel Pie said:

To ALL MEMBER CLUBS.

James Scott Robertson.

General Fucking Moron

2 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Interesting that none of the usual apologists for him have stuck their heads above the parapet yet.

The bottom line is that a lot of families have got that dribbling old mess of an uncle that's liable to hit out with some reprehensible shit under the guise of "speaking his mind" or "calling it like he sees it". You grin and bear it, try to ignore it and wish he wouldn't get invited to family dos, except it would be more grief if he wasn't.

That's family and you're sort of stuck with it, but this case isn't...it's someone who holds office and I assume is still paid to represent the interests of the member clubs regardless of the fact that no-one seems to be sure what his actual job is anymore.

He's brought the region - and by extension and association with him its member clubs - into disrepute and needs to be emptied.

Absolutely correct that he should resign. 

Club officials should be above reproach and not be bringing the game into disrepute.

Not just in what they say but in what they put on Twitter etc.

There is no place for racism or sectarianism for that matter in football.

I'm sure everybody would agree and hopefully that this incident will make others be wary of what they say or print.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

I’d have gave this 2 likes if I could. The second one for the username 👌

There is no excuse for what he said and it is only right he should be relieved of his post as General Manager .

But some of the reterict used about him General Moron, Dribbiling Moron, Grand Wizard also smack of abusive language, obviously used by people who have a personal grudge against him.

I agree with Bankiebill that it’s a pity that his long tenure working for the region ended this way. But no other option.

A wise man once said let those who are without sin cast the first stone.

Surely clubs must be way beyond that point. Not only linked with this situation, which is abhorrent, but with the Pyramid mess. West should have been in next year. Another delay under a guise that will never happen, all so those in power can remain. And sadly this man is one of those who lead and steer part of said organisation, who won't even bring himself to do the right thing and resign.

There is no excuse for what he said and it is only right he should be relieved of his post as General Manager .
But some of the reterict used about him General Moron, Dribbiling Moron, Grand Wizard also smack of abusive language, obviously used by people who have a personal grudge against him.
I agree with Bankiebill that it’s a pity that his long tenure working for the region ended this way. But no other option.

Really? I’d never heard of the guy until this story broke!

Something definitely smacks of abusive language though, but it ain’t ‘wizard’ or ‘moron’.

I can't believe the West Region haven't released a statement condemning this, let alone sacked or suspended him since he's refused to fall on his sword. In no circumstances were his comments acceptable, not now, nor 30 or 40 years ago.

8 hours ago, Wee Albert said:

Very true Wee Albert.

People will have had issues in the past and are probably quite enjoying this chance to have a go. Human nature I suppose.

People in the game who are putting out tweets and retweeting comments that are in my opinion as bad as Mr Robertson's comment. He has said something wrong but people typing on here for instance can always edit before sending it out

They say the comments are their own, retweets are not an endorsement etc but surely they must see that it's easy to bring their club and by extension the game into disrepute by their words.

And the tweets don't dissappear!

Why did someone go to the press with this? They must have been at the meeting. Why not challenge him and the management committee or immediately call for a vote to remove or suspend Robertson? Is trial by media the best way to deal with this? This should have been dealt with quickly at the meeting. Puts everyone there in a bad light in my opinion

19 minutes ago, justagoalie said:

Very true Wee Albert.

People will have had issues in the past and are probably quite enjoying this chance to have a go. Human nature I suppose.

People in the game who are putting out tweets and retweeting comments that are in my opinion as bad as Mr Robertson's comment. He has said something wrong but people typing on here for instance can always edit before sending it out

They say the comments are their own, retweets are not an endorsement etc but surely they must see that it's easy to bring their club and by extension the game into disrepute by their words.

And the tweets don't dissappear!

What are people saying about him that's comparable with a racial slur?

He needs to go and go now and the WRJFA need to release a statement wholeheartedly condemning his comments as at the moment they're complicit.

His apology that wasn't an apology was essentially "I'm sorry I said something that is going to lose me my position."

7 minutes ago, maggotman said:

Why did someone go to the press with this? They must have been at the meeting. Why not challenge him and the management committee or immediately call for a vote to remove or suspend Robertson? Is trial by media the best way to deal with this? This should have been dealt with quickly at the meeting. Puts everyone there in a bad light in my opinion

Whataboutery. The story will have been picked up off of here and social media.