Talbot v Benburb

Talbot supporter

I think Aiden Wilson has done superbly in the games he has played in, and shows yet again that Tucker can pick them out young and mould them in the Talbot way for the long term. Totally different player to Gordon Pope, and I honestly don't think it's going to be as easy as some folk might think to get back in. What it does mean, of course, is that there is genuine competition for the place and that is always healthy. 

1 minute ago, Botlad67 said:

Gordon Pope is talbots best defender. Going forward he offers talbot so much aswell as defending . Young Aidan has done well but if pope is fit then not sure what the reason he’s not playing 

Agree with this. Aiden has done OK defensively although to be fair hasn't really been tested but Pope offers so much more going forward whether that is a strike from distance or getting forward and getting in a cross.

Pope has pretty much played every game over the last few seasons so a short break may do him good but I expect to see him back in the team sooner rather than later.

Jeeso if it's no give the young blood a run of games, its give the experienced players a game lol. Imo, Tuckers just giving Aiden a run of games and Pope is experienced enough to not only come straight back in but no lose the plot in the meanwhile. Personally wouldn't be surprised if we see more similar rotation.