Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CoveRangers1922

Cove vs Cowden

Recommended Posts

Saturday sees Cowden visit Balmoral in what should be an interesting and well fought fixture. The last time we played Cowden at home it took a fantastic last minute winner from Declan Glass to seal a 3-2 victory.

Cowden will be coming with belief and will have confidence they can get all 3 points if they put in a performance they are capable of.

Saturday should see a debut for Rory McAllister who will get a warm welcome by the Cove fans and will hopefully form a formidable partnership with Mitch.

Predicted starting line up:

mackenzie

yule ross strachan milne

masson fyvie scully robbo 

megginson mcallister 

To all that are going enjoy the game

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to go one of 2 ways:

Rory and Mitch click and we get thumped.

Rory and Mitch doesn't work well and we sneak a 1-0 win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Cove line up like that there’s goals for us. We need mustn’t make any silly errors and gift them chances though. Glass and Aird are two that hurt us in previous games and they are no longer.

May make the second half of this one. Got my own game against Cove to take care of first!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mind when the fixtures were announced that I was fuming that the first game against Cove was when I was in Switzerland?

Well after living in Aberdeen for 12 years I STILL won't have made a Cowden game in the city as I'm down in Liverpool for a wedding this weekend :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Saturday sees Cowden visit Balmoral in what should be an interesting and well fought fixture. The last time we played Cowden at home it took a fantastic last minute winner from Declan Glass to seal a 3-2 victory.

Cowden will be coming with belief and will have confidence they can get all 3 points if they put in a performance they are capable of.

Saturday should see a debut for Rory McAllister who will get a warm welcome by the Cove fans and will hopefully form a formidable partnership with Mitch.

Predicted starting line up:

mackenzie

yule ross strachan milne

masson fyvie scully robbo 

megginson mcallister 

To all that are going enjoy the game

Would it be ok to bring a stepladder so I can actually see the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Saturday sees Cowden visit Balmoral in what should be an interesting and well fought fixture. The last time we played Cowden at home it took a fantastic last minute winner from Declan Glass to seal a 3-2 victory.

Cowden will be coming with belief and will have confidence they can get all 3 points if they put in a performance they are capable of.

Saturday should see a debut for Rory McAllister who will get a warm welcome by the Cove fans and will hopefully form a formidable partnership with Mitch.

Predicted starting line up:

mackenzie

yule ross strachan milne

masson fyvie scully robbo 

megginson mcallister 

To all that are going enjoy the game

We’ve lost probably our best player (as have Cove) Will Rory be risked on that pitch?

Can’t see anyone in our league getting a win up there.

At least for once in recent weeks the weather forecast looks good. Only one layer of thermals required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

We’ve lost probably our best player (as have Cove) Will Rory be risked on that pitch?

Can’t see anyone in our league getting a win up there.

At least for once in recent weeks the weather forecast looks good. Only one layer of thermals required.

I’m hoping Rory starts and makes an impact right from the first game. 

We’ve had some poor 45 minutes in the last couple of months so if Cowden can take advantage then there’s hope for sure
 

Your right it’s bloody freezing 🥶 at Balmoral. 1 layer of thermals is the minimum regardless of the month!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

looking forward to this game.

Just asking for a friend, are flutes allowed in the ground ?

Donald Findlay taking his?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Donald Findlay taking his?

It will be cunningly disguised as a pipe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

Mitch will be pleased Toddy is suspended tomorrow. Limped off after two smashing tackles last game at Cove.

Pity Todd is missing. Could have pushed Swann further up and allow him to bang a few in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very tough ask to get points up there but Id never rule out Cowden this season, away form is definitely still our issue but we stay well organised like we do at home, then anything is possible, the players just need that belief, Todd suspended is definitely not best news but this is Pypers chance now to come in & prove hes solid too, i thought he was very good for us in the Annan win, hopefully Archie Thomas gets his chance tommorow, at least from the bench, hopefully Coxy & Jordan , get a chance to test this defence tommorow, we will regret not having a go at probably Coves only weak link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am going for 2-1 Cowden... on the red card front. And 2-1 Cove re goals.

Mon the Coo

Edited by Drifter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

If Cove line up like that there’s goals for us. We need mustn’t make any silly errors and gift them chances though. Glass and Aird are two that hurt us in previous games and they are no longer.

May make the second half of this one. Got my own game against Cove to take care of first!

Agreed, our central defence is a weak spot and Cowden like others could take advantage of it. With no recognised left winger we’re playing a forward in that position so tracking back isn’t something they will do naturally and hence Cowden could exploit that area too.

Our saving grace is going forward. Mitch is in a rich vein of form and looks like he’ll score any chance given. Rory, who knows, but there are big expectations!

Own game against Cove?

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

looking forward to this game.

Just asking for a friend, are flutes allowed in the ground ?

 

hartley.jpg

There was a Cove fan for most of the season with one - hell of a noise but made for more of an atmosphere. Could sneak it in maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

Very tough ask to get points up there but Id never rule out Cowden this season, away form is definitely still our issue but we stay well organised like we do at home, then anything is possible, the players just need that belief, Todd suspended is definitely not best news but this is Pypers chance now to come in & prove hes solid too, i thought he was very good for us in the Annan win, hopefully Archie Thomas gets his chance tommorow, at least from the bench, hopefully Coxy & Jordan , get a chance to test this defence tommorow, we will regret not having a go at probably Coves only weak link

Not a Pyper fan but hopefully he can step in.  Todd missing is a worry though, he’s been very good this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...