Cove vs Cowden

27 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Officials moan about getting stick but honestly many of totally deserve it & unfortunately the beaks at Hampden never admit their employees are not up to it. Did think about going to this game yesterday with us not having a game & so many of our ex players being involved, went to Formartine game instead & as a neutral was able to laugh at folk getting upset with poor officials there. We recently had a game against Clyde where 2 players went for a 50/50 ball the referee who had already lost control of the game flashed a red card which most thought was for the Clyde player but was actually given to Si Ferry, Clyde to their credit supplied video footage for the appeal as they agreed the ref had got it wrong, the end result was Ferry got a 4 game ban because of the SFA not wanting to admit the incompetence of the ref. Hopefully the David Cox situation can be cleared up as there is a huge difference in kicking a hoarding in frustration & attacking a spectator & if the officials got it wrong which should come out in the refs report what the sending off was for then they should be liable to sanctions from their employers or if going with the assault claim if no proof shown the club should maybe consider legal action for defamation to clear the players name.

There is no such thing as a ref's report - there is a Discipline Report which just shows cautions and red cards along with a code number denoting the offence - in David Cox's case A2 - Violent Conduct.  There is only a ref's report if you appeal as then the referee provides a written report for the tribunal giving his view of what happened (or in this case what the AR says happened)

7 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Cowden’s no. 6 was at the ref for a good couple of minutes after, repeatedly asking “can you show me the spectator that was hurt? Which spectator was hurt?” and basically bring told to go away. One of the more bizarre moments I’ve seen in nearly 30 years watching football at this level.

These officials are terrible, and really not up to it.

That was Kyle Miller who was then cautioned for dissent.  He was also recently cautioned for dissent in our match v Stenhousemuir for complaining about David Marsh stamping on Connor Smith - the referee missed that incident and no action was taken re David Marsh.  Video evidence was later submitted to Compliance Officer and Marsh accepted a two game ban. 

14 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

There is no such thing as a ref's report - there is a Discipline Report which just shows cautions and red cards along with a code number denoting the offence - in David Cox's case A2 - Violent Conduct.  There is only a ref's report if you appeal as then the referee provides a written report for the tribunal giving his view of what happened (or in this case what the AR says happened)

Presumably Cowdenbeath should appeal to obtain details of what was thought to have happened..

Just now, peternapper said:

Presumably Cowdenbeath should appeal to obtain details of what was thought to have happened..

That costs £250 - and if you have no video evidence?  There may be something on the video but a camera following the play might not have been focused on the incident

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Could it be that Cox's wife was just making a comment to highlight that's what actually happened ?  

Reading the comments here it does seem that the officials lost control of the game and were making rash , unlogical decisions. No surprise there as officials at league two level are basically not competent enough. 

The outcome will be that the ruling bodies will take the referees report as gospel and won't accept any video evidence however damning it is towards the officials in question.  That's the way they work. 

2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

There is no real dubiety here - Mrs Cox is saying David was sent off for kicking an advertising board as that is what he did.  She is saying that is all he did to be sent off.  The Cowdenbeath and Peterhead players though all stated that the referee (acting on Assistant Referee's call) told them that the sending off was for Violent Conduct - headbutting a fan.  You cannot be sent off for violent conduct for any reason other than striking or trying to strike someone.  Kicking an advertising board is not Violent Conduct in terms of the Laws of the Game

Little wonder they lost control with three teams on the park...

14 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

That costs £250 - and if you have no video evidence?  There may be something on the video but a camera following the play might not have been focused on the incident

As we found even with clear video evidence they ignore whats clear to most folk. The difference here is possibly a case of a frustrated player possibly kicking a hoarding, or an assault on the public which is a far more serious matter that would normally be a police matter & the linesman should be interviewed by them. Feel sorry for David being put in this position.

I think a fair few fans on here would be happy to support any appeal by writing down their observations. It’s unjust if Cox is banned for a refereeing foul up which they then felt they couldn’t back down from.

Then again that’s probably inadmissible as well. No one is allowed to alter the SFA’s perception of reality however bizarre.

:lol: 

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

True indeed!  It was Rory McAllister's presence that made me think of Peterheid

I kept calling them Peterhead as well. Had to keep reminding myself it was actually Cove. 

I was just down from the incident and I don't remember Coxy going near any fans.

Headbutting a spectator is serious stuff (even if they deserve it) and the SFA will surely pay special attention to this and investigate fully. I'd like to think that there's no truth in it. The guy's got enough on his plate.

In other news ..... that big shite McAllister still getting soft penalties.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Headbutting a spectator is serious stuff (even if they deserve it) and the SFA will surely pay special attention to this and investigate fully. I'd like to think that there's no truth in it. The guy's got enough on his plate.

I think if he had actually head butted a fan it would have been all over the papers today.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Hopefully the advertising board/hoarding isn't too badly injured and is ok for the next Cove home game.

Quite sure they will send us a bill for a replacement if not be ok as long as they don't buy one off Peterheid for a big fee.

15 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Only twice.

Edited by Aberdeen Cowden
Typo