Cove vs Cowden

Seems Pyper had shambles & Midfield bit thin just now, Would put Archie Thomas back in & good to see Hamilton back off bench,  always going to be tough away day today, 3-1 only with the red , could got worse considering the time left, only positive is, Elgin & Annan both losing, we need to get a response in next game now. Stirling not sitting about just now, like the ones in behind

56 minutes ago, onecowden said:

David Cox. Another red. Oh dear

Off the ball incident which I didn’t see but the linesman seemed certain it was a straight red. Interesting to watch it back.

Cox took his goal well and looked Cowden best player. He’s feisty, strong and you could see he’s prone to a red or two

3-1 flattered Cowden to be honest. Mitch and Rory had chances to make it more. Cowden were poor from the start, lacked desire/belief and the keeper was time wasting from about 5 minutes.

Cox took his goal well and looked strong on the ball and in challenges. 

Will Cowden maintain 3rd until the end of the season I don’t know. 

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

3-1 flattered Cowden to be honest. Mitch and Rory had chances to make it more. Cowden were poor from the start, lacked desire/belief and the keeper was time wasting from about 5 minutes.

Not sure I’d set much store by your assessment to be honest - a fairly unbalanced view 

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

Fairly entertaining game as a neutral with no Montrose game today. McAllister looked a lot more sharp/interested than he had done for Peterhead this season. Cove deserved winners and strolled the game after the red card, with their sub 19 passing up on a few good chances to cut back for certain additional goals in the dying stages. That said, Cowden keeper had a good game and kept the scoreline respectable.

Bollan furious with ref for Cove second, as stand side linesman flagged offside as McAllister broke through and won a soft looking penalty, which was given.

Second half, and the far side linesman then told Cowden number 6 that Cox was sent off for violent conduct of "headbutting a fan", which then set him off: "where's the injured fan then?" was a fair response, but there was no response from the truly awful refereeing team. I despair at the quality in L1 sometimes, but these guys were card-happy and completely lost control of an otherwise entertaining game.

From the couple of Cove games I've seen this season, Scully, Megginson and Milne in particular look too good for L2 level. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cove step up next season and give us Montrose fans in Aberdeen a 'home' game.

47 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Not sure I’d set much store by your assessment to be honest - a fairly unbalanced view 

I thought Cox was a standout. Cowden looked more promising after the half time interval and before Cox sending off they were looked like they maybe score more. Apart from that Cove had chances and dominated possession and attacking threat.

Cowden missing Smith but are a side who should finish in a playoff spot given their strong first half of the season

Edited by CoveRangers1922

55 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Off the ball incident which I didn’t see but the linesman seemed certain it was a straight red. Interesting to watch it back.

Cox took his goal well and looked Cowden best player. He’s feisty, strong and you could see he’s prone to a red or two

Just watch Rory when things don't go his way. ;)

53 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Can’t agree. Thought the game was in the balance up until Cox’s bizarre sending off.

Thought it was a decent game and Cowden worked very hard to keep the scores level for 35 mins playing into a strong wind. First penalty was a clumsy challenge but the referee lost control of the game totally with the second penalty just before half time. McAllister was being flagged clearly for offside but the referee didn't see or ignored this, and awarded a very soft second penalty. The notoriously volatile Mount Bollan was threatening a full pyroclastic explosion at this point. Very poor officiating.

Cove I felt moved the ball very well indeed and their third goal was worth the admission fee alone- a delightful series of interlacing passes carving open Cowden, and Masson finishing well to the goalkeeper’s right with a powerful drive from the edge of the area.

Cox had a quiet game up until he stole a goal back as the Cove rearguard slept, waiting for an offside flag that never came. Seven minutes later he was extraordinarily red carded after a bizarre melee on the enclosure touchline. It seemed that Cox was ordered off for “headbutting” a spectator. I can only assume someone put mescalin in the referee’s half time refreshments-that never happened. The Cowden players rightly spent several minutes challenging the officials who by this point had lost all control. Even the home team seemed a bit baffled.

Cowden were demoralised by this and Cove managed the remainder of the match very effectively. I feel Cove did deserve to win, but the game was ruined as a contest by terrible match officials.

For Cove Strachan and Megginson did well, and McAllister will be satisfied with a scoring debut. Cowdenbeath’s goalkeeper made some fine saves and the team tried to stick to their task. They may not feel hard done by the result, but certainly the manner of it. That guy is simply not fit to be refereeng at senior level.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

I only caught the second half and the game was (just about) over pretty quickly. However we got a goal back (about 5 yards onside) and Jordan Allan had a chance to get another back. The sending off was the other side of the pitch to me but I did hear someone say that 2 Cove players admitted Cox did nothing. 

Absolute zoomers in that stand at Cove. You wonder if these people have ever been to football in their life. 

Still an abysmal place to watch football. Truly awful.

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Can’t agree. Thought the game was in the balance up until Cox’s bizarre sending off.

Thought it was a decent game and Cowden worked very hard to keep the scores level for 35 mins playing into a strong wind. First penalty was a clumsy challenge but the referee lost control of the game totally with the second penalty just before half time. McAllister was being flagged clearly for offside but the referee didn't see or ignored this, and awarded a very soft second penalty. The notoriously volatile Mount Bollan was threatening a full pyroclastic explosion at this point. Very poor officiating.

Cove I felt moved the ball very well indeed and their third goal was worth the admission fee alone- a delightful series of interlacing passes carving open Cowden, and Masson finishing well to the goalkeeper’s right with a powerful drive from the edge of the area.

Cox had a quiet game up until he stole a goal back as the Cove rearguard slept, waiting for an offside flag that never came. Seven minutes later he was extraordinarily red carded after a bizarre melee on the enclosure touchline. It seemed that Cox was ordered off for “headbutting” a spectator. I can only assume someone put mescalin in the referee’s half time refreshments-that never happened. The Cowden players rightly spent several minutes challenging the officials who by this point had lost all control. Even the home team seemed a bit baffled.

Cowden were demoralised by this and Cove managed the remainder of the match very effectively. I feel Cove did deserve to win, but the game was ruined as a contest by terrible match officials.

For Cove Strachan and Megginson did well, and McAllister will be satisfied with a scoring debut. Cowdenbeath’s goalkeeper made some fine saves and the team tried to stick to their task. They may not feel hard done by the result, but certainly the manner of it. That guy is simply not fit to be refereeng at senior level.

Sums up the game well. Pyper looked lost and was subbed  in the second half, why on earth was Hamilton not on from the start?

Archie too. Still don’t get why Thomas doesn’t get a start.

Fair play to McAllister, he tried to convince the referee that he’d made a mistake with Cox’s sending off.

No wonder there’s trouble after games, that referee today was a disgrace.

Agree with Ivo and Aberdeen Cowden Couldn't believe Hamilton didn't start. Second penalty was a joke. Cox worked his socks off as usual and Thomas looked decent when he came on. Cove deserved it over the piece, our keeper did well once we were down to ten. Hope Cox gets cleared or he could be looking at a long suspension Officiating terrible

No doubt Cove were the better team, but there wouldn't have been much in it if it wasn't for the two stupid penalties, even though we didn't offer much.

Why does Pyper barge into opposition players in the box? Just needs to stand his ground. Cove wouldn't have scored the first if Pyper had just blocked the player. I like Pyper, but he makes some bizarre decisions sometimes. 

Can't understand why Hamilton and Thomas don't start.

Cox getting sent off was utterly bizarre. Waiting on the Cove player getting treatment and I thought maybe the linesman was telling the ref that Hamilton caught the Cove player and should be booked, then next minute Cox is off. Nobody knew why.