Who plays centre half in march?

greenockraver

Who Plays Centre Back V Israel?   

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We have seen lee wilkie turn into cannavaro for 90 mins against holland in 03, heid caldwell turn in a goalscoring performance (And 2 shut outs) against the world's finest side,  a 40 something davie weir rolling back the years to give us a decent foundation alongside mcmanus at the back in recent times, then the likes of martin, hanley and greer and mulgrew under strachan.

Where are we noo? Who have we got ? and who plays against Israel at the back?

Right now is Mckenna and Cooper the best we have or will we take one last punt on an aging mulgrew ? Do gallacher and devlin have further parts to play and is talk of steven caulker being an option realistic or the product of some pie in the sky some utopian idealism ?

In short.. who are our centre backs going to be in this, our biggest game since Italy 2007 ? 

Slim pickings doesny cover it ... 

Edited by greenockraver

22 hours ago, GhostZapper said:

would probably go Mulgrew plus Cooper
I'm not fully convinced yet by McKenna, I'd actually see Gallacher is a stronger option than McKenna at the moment.

The hatred some Scotland fans have for McKenna is weird. He's so obviously our best CB it's not even funny.  Do we have any other CB's that EPL clubs are willing to pay £6 million for, or are even interested in?  He's criminally underrated by Scotland fans, he isn't Beckenbauer but a really solid decent option and by far the best we have.

The hatred some Scotland fans have for McKenna is weird. He's so obviously our best CB it's not even funny.  Do we have any other CB's that EPL clubs are willing to pay £6 million for, or are even interested in?  He's criminally underrated by Scotland fans, he isn't Beckenbauer but a really solid decent option and by far the best we have.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Correct, it's not funny, he isnt our best CB.

Easily cleared up this mess is a post.

30 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Correct, it's not funny, he isnt our best CB.

Easily cleared up this mess is a post.

He's easily our best.  Okay clear up the whole post then, you didn't address all of it.  Tell me which of our other CB options are interesting EPL clubs who are willing to pay the best part of ten million for them?  If the answer is there aren't any (there aren't) explain why that means McKenna isn't our best CB.  Do you simply know better than these people?  Or do they know better than you?

It will be McKenna and Souttar as it should be as they are obviously the best we have by quite some distance. They have a nice balance too, I quite like them as a pairing.  Both will soon be playing at a higher level than currently.

He's easily our best.  Okay clear up the whole post then, you didn't address all of it.  Tell me which of our other CB options are interesting EPL clubs who are willing to pay the best part of ten million for them?  If the answer is there aren't any (there aren't) explain why that means McKenna isn't our best CB.  Do you simply know better than these people?  Or do they know better than you?
It will be McKenna and Souttar as it should be as they are obviously the best we have by quite some distance. They have a nice balance too, I quite like them as a pairing.  Both will soon be playing at a higher level than currently.

LOL.

Think that's cleared that post up.

Souttar and McKenna are the pairing with most potential and with time on their side. I want McKenna to prove everyone wrong but he has been badly caught out at least once in most of his caps.
That said, I'd much rather stick with the clear potential in the younger players rather than chopping and changing with guys who are never likely to earn more than a handful of caps or going back to older guys like Mulgrew.