Annan Ath v The Binos

Best away day in League 2 say Binos fans though usually not for the football. Saturdays visit to Galabank takes on another twist as the Binos will be hoping to make it 3 away wins in a trot which considering our start to the season will be quite an achievement if we can do it.

Difficult game as aways at Galabank surprised by the result last week against Elgin at home, expected Annan to take all 3 points but it did not happen.

We need the points to hopefully get us into 4th spot and the playoffs, hopefully we do that.

Prediction Annan 1 Binos 2. [emoji39]

Always a tight game against Stirling. Taking the positive view that we can't play as badly as last week. Hopefully weather will be better and encourage the proverbial fair weather fans to make an appearance.
Will go for a narrow 1-0 home win. Goal from an unexpected source.

Both really decent sides on their day, I really like Flannagan . good signing for Annan, think its the other end of the pitch their struggling this season, I definitely won't be betting either side on my coupon, this is tough one to call, possibly a draw or Annan might return to form

9 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

Both really decent sides on their day, I really like Flannagan . good signing for Annan, think its the other end of the pitch their struggling this season, I definitely won't be betting either side on my coupon, this is tough one to call, possibly a draw or Annan might return to form

Well we should have won last time down at Annan but had to settle for a draw after missing a penalty. Hopefully this time we gat all 3 points.

More solid looking Annan team this week with Muir back upfront and Bradley in the middle of the park instead of covering fullback. Shame no Flanagan though but hopefully a return to form.

ETA: Scratch that, looks like its Darren Barr in the middle 

Edited by DG.Roma

Sounds like it was a cracker, Stirling not messing about, this top 4 spot well up for grabs , Elgin & Annan doing some job of showing they don't want it right now but seems Annan showed some spirit to get 2 back today , Elgin bust a few more coupons today I'm sure

Edited by SuperCowden

2 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

Sounds like it was a cracker, Stirling not messing about, this top 4 spot well up for grabs , Elgin & Annan doing some job of showing they don't want it right now but seems Annan showed some spirit to get 2 back today , Elgin bust a few more coupons today I'm sure

It may sound like it but it absolutely wasn't. Poor game of football where Annan didn't decide to play until the last 20 minutes but then looked like their passing and movement might suddenly cause problems for Stirling, particularly after they were reduced to 10 men.

First 70 minutes Albion were 3 up and should possibly have been twice that on balance of play though they hardly peppered shots in. Main difference was probably Darryl Duffy. Very good first goal and good movement across the line. Mackin's a carthorse but it was an effective combination. In contrast Annan never really got any support to Muir who was an isolated figure for most of the game.

4 hours ago, rhliston said:

Good win today 3-2 at the end, 3rd away win on the trot, Stenny win at Elgin who we play next week, hopefully another 3 points.

Very impressive away win again. Binos continue the good form and just 1 point off the playoff spots. 

Duffy is banging the goals in!

More solid looking Annan team this week with Muir back upfront and Bradley in the middle of the park instead of covering fullback. Shame no Flanagan though but hopefully a return to form.
ETA: Scratch that, looks like its Darren Barr in the middle 

Don’t understand why Sonkur is not getting a game.
When Barr went off injured I expected Sonkur would replace him.

On 18/01/2020 at 16:57, BB_Bino said:

Out of interest, has Barr played well for Annan since signing?

Not seen enough of him to give a good answer, but pretty average from what I've seen. I was hoping he'd be a good experienced head for the young players, but it seems like he's off their pace and that of some opponents - Kane Hester the other week while Barr was at CB for example.

On 19/01/2020 at 09:05, marco44 said:

Don’t understand why Sonkur is not getting a game.
When Barr went off injured I expected Sonkur would replace him.

100% agree. We had a right back at centre half, a central midfielder at right back and a centre half on the bench. I would have replaced Barr with Sonkur, put Douglas at RB and Bradley in midfield.