Championship Sunday

lichtie23

Has the second Championship game always been so late starting? I know the Super Bowl always starts at a stupid time but feel like the Championship games have got later and later over the years. Sure I used to be able to go to work the day after without feeling too bad.
No, they used to be 6pm and 9.30pm.

42 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
5 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:
Has the second Championship game always been so late starting? I know the Super Bowl always starts at a stupid time but feel like the Championship games have got later and later over the years. Sure I used to be able to go to work the day after without feeling too bad.

Wish it had been 9.30pm last night. Getting into work this morning is painful. If wasn’t for the urgent need to get in and book a Monday holiday on the 3rd of February I would have called in sick this morning.

Wish it had been 9.30pm last night. Getting into work this morning is painful. If wasn’t for the urgent need to get in and book a Monday holiday on the 3rd of February I would have called in sick this morning.
I'm nightshift so don't start until 10pm tonight, but still had to get up before 8 this morning to get my daughter to school. I'll get a few hours kip about 4 this afternoon. Will be the same for the Superbowl.

Guest bernardblack

Fairly new to the game and probably an obvious answer here...

But after the Chiefs scored last in the first half, why did the Titans not go for a Hail Mary etc with time for one play? Especially as the Chiefs were starting the ball second half?

19 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

But after the Chiefs scored last in the first half, why did the Titans not go for a Hail Mary etc with time for one play? Especially as the Chiefs were starting the ball second half?

Danger of a pick 6 (interception returned for a defensive TD).

Could be any amount of reasons. Maybe Vrabel trusted his defence to stop the Chiefs on the opening drive of the 2nd half. Tannhill probably wouldn’t have had the arm strength to get it far enough down the field. The chance (tho slight) of a sack and fumble returned for a TD. Only Mike Vrabel could answer that tho

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:
8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Thought so. The b*****ds.