East Juniors - 'questionable' PP

LeedsPhil

West Calder United showed great initiative ahead of the forecast weather by booking the new school's 3G pitch for Saturday's league fixture v Linlithgow Rose CFC, their own Hermand Park grass pitch having no chance. News of that move came out on Thursday.

As an 'enthusiast' (not the word my ex wife used when divorcing me!) of seeing games played on different grounds, I went to this, being bothered to get up at 05:30, being bothered to walk half an hour through the woods in the dark for the first train of the day, being bothered to trek through the morning winds & rain getting soaking wet.

I got there, to be told that it was off because the visitors Linlithgow Rose CFC had deemed the  path from the changing rooms at Hermand Park to the school 3G to be too muddy for them, so they refused to play. I was told that WCU had suggested driving round to the school, but LRCFC had refused that too.

Cheers guys. 'Thanks very much'...

I'd be interested in your side of the story. Presuming that isn't too much effort for you to bother to put in.

Not amused.

2 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

West Calder United showed great initiative ahead of the forecast weather by booking the new school's 3G pitch for Saturday's league fixture v Linlithgow Rose CFC, their own Hermand Park grass pitch having no chance. News of that move came out on Thursday.

As an 'enthusiast' (not the word my ex wife used when divorcing me!) of seeing games played on different grounds, I went to this, being bothered to get up at 05:30, being bothered to walk half an hour through the woods in the dark for the first train of the day, being bothered to trek through the morning winds & rain getting soaking wet.

I got there, to be told that it was off because the visitors Linlithgow Rose CFC had deemed the  path from the changing rooms at Hermand Park to the school 3G to be too muddy for them, so they refused to play. I was told that WCU had suggested driving round to the school, but LRCFC had refused that too.

Cheers guys. 'Thanks very much'...

I'd be interested in your side of the story. Presuming that isn't too much effort for you to bother to put in.

Not amused.

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

How very clever.

Back on topic : one Junior team shows initiative to get a game on, another is allegedly 'at it' and can't be bothered.

Any sensible replies are welcome, especially from LRCFC should it be the case that they feel I was mis-informed.

6 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

How very clever.

Back on topic : one Junior team shows initiative to get a game on, another is allegedly 'at it' and can't be bothered.

Any sensible replies are welcome, especially from LRCFC should it be the case that they feel I was mis-informed.

Sounds like linlithgow reserves thought they were the real linlithgow rose for a minute. As you just didnt want to play. Which is ironic because their ground isnt really junior standard

West calder should be awarded the 3 points and linlithgow fined for failing 2 play the fixture. If this doesnt happen then its opened up the gates for clubs 2 just decide for whatever reason were no playing and it was ok for linlithgow 2 do it so why not us. Id honestly tell linlithgow try that again and ull not play in this league next season. Kick them out. U shouldve came 2 holm park phil 6 goals thriller my team lost 4-2 tho

Mon the papers

Having only ever been to West Calder for a cup tie, I cant remember there being a school nearby - so looked on Google Maps.

Have to say, if the 3g pitch is the one Google Maps is showing at the school to be then Linlithgow have every right to complain.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/West+Calder+High+School/@55.8535932,-3.5595896,1220m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xc0df1221d23b314!8m2!3d55.8535932!4d-3.5595896

It looks to be at least 2 pitch lengths from the changing rooms - If you are playing at the school then why aren't they using facilities at the school?

If they were expected to change at Hermand Park, and then walk along that track to the pitch, then no wonder they refused, Google says it's an 8 minute walk!  Why not use the facilities at the school?

Question is, was the venue change agreed by both teams and the Region? 

Edited by Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, Redondo said:

8 minute walk, jeezo that is hurrendous!! Imagine asking young lads to walk for that long.

How would they ever manage to play for 90 mins after that.

Get on with it and get the game played. 

This isn't supposed to be pub fitba.

2 hours ago, Peters Wyngarde said:

Having only ever been to West Calder for a cup tie, I cant remember there being a school nearby - so looked on Google Maps.

Have to say, if the 3g pitch is the one Google Maps is showing at the school to be then Linlithgow have every right to complain.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/West+Calder+High+School/@55.8535932,-3.5595896,1220m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xc0df1221d23b314!8m2!3d55.8535932!4d-3.5595896

It looks to be at least 2 pitch lengths from the changing rooms - If you are playing at the school then why aren't they using facilities at the school?

The school is quite new. The 3G pitch is at the south end, and a gate in the south corner was open, so it's 300m from Hermand Park ( = 3 & a half minutes' walk, quicker if you jog). The way it was put to me it wasn't the distance that was being objected to, rather that they deemed it too muddy. And as said before driving round was proposed but refused.

I was told that the janitor at the school knocks off at 3:30pm, so with a 1:30pm start meaning a 3:15pm finish they couldn't realistically use the school changing rooms. And they couldn't have started sooner because there were other games on it earlier.

The West Calder players had a bounce game instead, walking from and back to Hermand Park. Nobody died.

At least they tried to get the game on. There’s a track round the back of the 3G which gets you right there. Thornton came all the way through to Fauldhouse to play a ‘home’ game with West Calder, I’m sure the ref and Linlithgow Ammys could’ve could’ve walked the few hundred yards up a muddy track to ensure the game was played

48 minutes ago, Spyro said:

At least they tried to get the game on. There’s a track round the back of the 3G which gets you right there. Thornton came all the way through to Fauldhouse to play a ‘home’ game with West Calder, I’m sure the ref and Linlithgow Ammys could’ve could’ve walked the few hundred yards up a muddy track to ensure the game was played

Surely regardless of what level it is boys would want to play fitbaw on a saturday.  Reeks of snobbery from lithgy tbh, think they need to remember where they came from.

5 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Strikes me that the referee is probably spot on here...shouldn't think that particular venue meets the criteria for any league game to be played.

Possibly but if case why were West Calder of the understanding they could play there, they must have had it ok'd by someone?