Arbroath v Falkirk

bairn88

Looks like we will be at full strength with Thomson coming back in and Swankie must be up to speed now.
Falkirk seem to have some good front players on paper in McManus and Sammon, surprised they have only won 10 games in a league we absolutely romped last season. Could be a tight game but as has been mentioned we need to get the finger out in cup ties, we are due a run in one.
Strange game to predict am sitting on the fence .

Hard game to call and a good barometer for any improvement under Miller and Cracks.

That said, I would much rather have been on league business this week after a couple of good wins and hope we dont end up taking a momentum sapping length here.

The worry for me is players like Bobby Linn will see this as a big chance in the shop window. Wouldnt be surprised if he puts us out the cup then signs on the following week from what iv heard.

On 13/01/2020 at 14:23, Shadwell Dog said:

Will be interesting to see how we get on on Saturday. One of our better performances this season was when we played Ayr in the league cup where we more than matched them and were very unlucky not to get a result due to some dreadful refereeing.  An open game should suit us a lot more too.

The league cup is challenging the tunnocks cup as the joke cup in Scotland, I wouldn't read owt about any displays in it when it's in the Falkirk fortnight !!

One of the best games I seen on the Friday TV games this season was Arbroath v Partick, chopped off goal was a real footballing goal.

We have enough to win this first time of asking but would take a replay if we need to

Arbroath must be the team we have played least in Scottish football (not including newer entrants to the leagues and the new rangers) this is our first Scottish cup tie against them, on our last visit to the lower levels of Scottish football 40 odd years ago saw arbroath making a rare visit to the higher levels, same as this year. This should be a cracking game, hopefully we can edge it.