Arbroath v Falkirk

bairn88

Good performance and happy to be through.

I thought we showed Arbroath the respect they deserved with the way we approached the game and that’s the attitude we need to have for the rest of the league games.

Connolly and McManus were excellent tonight.

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Good performance and happy to be through.

I thought we showed Arbroath the respect they deserved with the way we approached the game and that’s the attitude we need to have for the rest of the league games.

Connolly and McManus were excellent tonight.

Connolly has put more energy into the last two matches than all the other games put together, he even ran off when subbed.

Big effort from him and looks a much better player.

I quite enjoyed the match, first half included.

I didn't think we looked under threat the whole match, apart from perhaps the first 10 minute, so a  bit surprised with some of the earlier comments.

In that first 45 minutes both sides registered exactly one shot off target each. What were you on, and can I have some? [emoji16]

Arbroaths tactic was to hit the channels between Durnan and Doyle but anytime Linn got on the hall he stumbled over it and or ran it out of play.

If that’s the team we stormed the league 1 last season it shows how poor we were under Ray Mc, to be fair they had dross like Stenny, Brechin and Stranraer to get 36 points from.

Aye, wee Dick was rattling on about Falkirk being lucky not to be behind at the break and being denied a stonewall penalty. f**k knows what he was on about.

I though Arbroath were the better team for the first 25 minutes or so, looked quite neat and tidy without really threatening. We were the better team toward the end of the half though with Connolly and Gomis both going close and completely dominated the 2nd. I thought Arbroath ran out of ideas and their heads did seem to drop a bit when the 1st went in. 

I was delighted to see Sammon score because I do think he gets a lot of unwarranted criticism. He's rubbish in the air and not too good at holding the ball up but he's very good at running the channels and will score more often than not if he gets a chance. We just don't play to the guys strengths.

I thought there were a lot of good performances, Gomis was excellent in the 1st half but there were good performances throughout from Doyle, Durnan, Dixon, Connolly and McManus.

We seem to be gelling as a team a wee bit better now, fingers crossed we can maintain it. 

I only hope our wee team of postmen, lorry drivers and brickies don’t get overawed by the visit of the big team from the league above and their hordes of fanatical supporters.

Can we dare to hope for a cup miracle?

No, that team full of jobbers feckin shat it. 

Cracks and Big Smexy are beginning to get the team playing the way they want them to play. They have made a huge difference to a few players. Connolly looks like a new quality signing for us, and they must have finally got through to Durnan to just do the simple shit and enjoy playing. 

Feeling optimistic for the first time in about a hunner year.