Arbroath v Falkirk

bairn88

Having Miller back for this will be a big boost for our midfield. Him and Gomis in there would be solid and would let Gomis go forward and unleash his left peg.

Todd looked decent on Saturday. Better on the highlights than I thought at the time. I'd play him on the right and Louis up front with McManus. With Doyle and Dixon getting thier crossing act together of late and with connolly and Todd on the wings I'd be tempted to try to find a space for MacMillan getting onto those crosses, but Louis in the team is a must for me so either Todd or sammon drop out.

It'll be another tough game, but I'm confident we can get a result and really looking forward to it. The kids will be getting punted off to bed sharpish.

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Any chance of this being off? Covered in Stirling. 

not that bad in Falkirk (a couple of inches at the deepest) when i arrived back from work at the back of 4 as long as we don't get any more during the day it should all be cleared. 

Hopefully finish the job off tonight, we were pretty woeful in the first game but first half on Saturday we were back at it.

Will be interesting to see what changes are made. Dick usually goes all tinker mad with midweeks. Would only change the two cup tied lads and bring in Stewart and Linn.

Edited by Smokerson

Most midweek games this season haven't been very good from us to be fair.

Except for Auchinleck, but that was just a training session miles ahead of they boys.

I'll wait and see what happens but not very confident. I'd go Stewart, Linn and possibly Gold into midfield too.

Very arrogant of Arbroath, expecting to turn up & win at a canter against lower level opponents. They wont expect us to be so plucky with a bear pit ground/fans right on top of them/our cup final etc etc.

I only hope our wee team of postmen, lorry drivers and brickies don’t get overawed by the visit of the big team from the league above and their hordes of fanatical supporters.
Can we dare to hope for a cup miracle?

Agree Lichties have been very poor in any midweek games this season. And the only underachievement during the Campbells management reign has been in cup competitions, where we have been poor or quickly knocked out. Surely underrated full time Falkirk can make home advantage work at their fancy new plastic stadium? Maybe a chance for Arbroath to concentrate on the League and the crucial 14 games remaining?