Arbroath v Falkirk

bairn88

Replay will be close. Can see it going all the way to penalties, tbh.
Hopefully we can sneak through. Hearts at home would be a decent tie and something to look forward to after the last couple of years of total misery.
Beating Arbroath would be really good tbh. I am looking forward to going to a game where it feels like we are a bit up against it and it would feel really good to win.

Plus half the money goes up the road with them. f**k you Lex

On 20/01/2020 at 09:32, MrDust said:

If we do get through, there is a real fear factor for me facing a top league team.

Id like to say it's the defence that gives me the fear but it's all over and playing at the TFS.......it's not Brockville

They had lewis Moore starting for them on Saturday so they must be struggling.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Struggling so much they annihilated one of our closest competitors 5-0 without breaking sweat.

Aye but their not struggling 5 points from second bottom in the top flight for nowt.  Airdrie matched them in the first half and then lost their way.  They've had a wee bit of previous  with that having lost 4 1 to east fife and 3 1 to Clyde earlier this season. If we get past Arbroath we should be able to give them a game at TFS. 

On that subject
The last couple of seasons appear to have been even worse for you than they have been for us.
I'm sorry if  I'm intruding on private grief but ...
... what the hell went wrong with Falkirk?

Fair to say it’s very public grief and you will easily find a good few hundred pages on P&B devoted to the decline of our club and the moronic arseholes responsible.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They had lewis Moore starting for them on Saturday so they must be struggling.

Playing on the right, we signed as cover for left back !!

The Hearts transfer window will be more than ours with ins and outs, tie on Feb 8th might be a good thing but already on their books they have players who will lead our defence to a merry dance, as stated previously Brockville was a leveller the TFS isn't 

The Hearts transfer window will be more than ours with ins and outs, tie on Feb 8th might be a good thing but already on their books they have players who will lead our defence to a merry dance, as stated previously Brockville was a leveller the TFS isn't 
Hearts form will pick up in time to absolutely blooter whichever one of us goes through IMO.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
56 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Hearts form will pick up in time to absolutely blooter whichever one of us goes through IMO.

They should, the factor that they played a lot of youth players on Saturday and made Airdrie look easy to beat suggests so, change tho within Hearts line up in transfer window will happen, that doesn't always click.

For me, more chance of a shock if they meet Arbroath than us at the nicey nice TFS.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Whilst I can see Mckinnon making a cant of things re Moore its a bit worrying if McCracken and Miller couldnt work out he was a right sided player and give him a game in that position.  Having played well against Airdrie he'll probably end up there on loan next and rip the pish out of us next time.  They may improve they may not. Cant say I'm ovrly impressed by the boy Stendl. Has had one decent season as a manager and feck all else. Bit like Mckinnon funnily enough.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Whilst I can see Mckinnon making a cant of things re Moore its a bit worrying if McCracken and Miller couldnt work out he was a right sided player and give him a game in that position.  Having played well against Airdrie he'll probably end up there on loan next and rip the pish out of us next time.  They may improve they may not. Cant say I'm ovrly impressed by the boy Stendl. Has had one decent season as a manager and feck all else. Bit like Mckinnon funnily enough.

Massive difference to proving yourself in England than Scotland, tho struggling to work out when McKinnon proved himself in Scotland unless you believed his latest press release

1 hour ago, Sanity check needed. said:
5 hours ago, MrDust said:
Massive difference to proving yourself in England than Scotland, tho struggling to work out when McKinnon proved himself in Scotland unless you believed his latest press release

Good 5 months at raith is the only thing that comes to mind

Feb 20th to May 4th isn't 5 month.

Raith fans were hounding him after one league win in 11 games, he threw a double six in the transfer window and got lucky, by all accounts he did well at Brechin.... Darren Dodd did better

18 hours ago, MrDust said:

I was being sarcastic mate. Stendl has been a manager for 3 seasons previously. He was sacked during two of them. Not a managerial record to be very proud of.