Next Manager To Leave

Which manager will be the next to leave their current club?  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, Snafu said:

Maybe you are unaware that Dundee might be concerned about their own financial future more than we are at Inverness CT and McPake has his hands tied on the quality of player he wants to bring in??

Dundee have had several seasons in the top league, earning much more than any club in the Championship. They also have the advantage of the parachute payment(s) after relegation. And they get more in the way of gate revenue than ICT. 

Every manager in the game has some level of budget limit, no matter who they are or what club they manage, but Dundee will have a bigger budget this season than all other Championship clubs apart from their neighbours and, possibly, Partick. 

if you need any more proof, do you really think there would have been the slightest chance of Dorrans signing for Caley rather than Dundee? Nope, neither do I.

4 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

if you need any more proof, do you really think there would have been the slightest chance of Dorrans signing for Caley rather than Dundee? Nope, neither do I.

Yes - If McPake was manager. I've no doubts he's getting paid well, but the only reason he's at Dens is because he's best mates with McPake. He had better offers from down South and in the top flight. And it's a short term thing, even if we offered to increase his pay, unless we get promoted, he's not staying past the season. We'll be 'lucky' if he stays past the month.

I put the word 'lucky' in quotation marks because our season is pretty much finished with McPake in charge so it doesn't really matter if he leaves or not.

15 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

You mean the ones (like, err, yours) where all I’ve done is respond to the points people have made about my earlier posts?

Well, no, not like mine. I never said I was "out". You said you were yet, here you are, still "in".

You never said you were out*

*unless someone replied to me

Unlike you, however, I am out. Enjoy.

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Well, no, not like mine. I never said I was "out". You said you were yet, here you are, still "in".

You never said you were out*

*unless someone replied to me

Unlike you, however, I am out. Enjoy.

😅

FFS....... 

Ive heard that Dorrans isn't on a big wage at Dens, he isn't even close to being the top earner at the club, although he is clearly only here as he is friends with the cyanide plonker of a manager.

Anyway, on topic, Ive voted for Crawford, but would love it to be someone closer to home.

We're 5th if you look at the table. But we're also on the same points as 8th place, at rock bottom of the form table.

Dunfermline go ‘bottom of the form table’ every other month, then you get a run of three or four results on the bounce and go to the top of it. Then you finish the season in midtable regardless.

Rinse and repeat for the last five years.

17 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

7th, 1st, 5th, 4th, 7th.

If that lot is considered "mid-table" then the vast majority of clubs in Scotland finish mid-table.

The average placing off of those results is 5th. Bearing in mind 4 of those 5 placing are actually mid-table already, then of course it quantifies the Pars as a mid-table team.

16 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I wish we'd punt McPake in to the sea and take Nelms with him.

If Nelms goes, that means Keyes is gone, if Keyes is gone, that means we are fucked.

If Nelms goes, that means Keyes is gone, if Keyes is gone, that means we are fucked.
If it did happen I'd be first at the front of the queue to say "I told you so".

Always had serious doubts about their investment - ask yourself this - are we in a better position now than when they took over.

I'm struggling to say Yes.

Always had serious doubts about their investment - ask yourself this - are we in a better position now than when they took over.

Even if you were in the queue to say " I told you so " , what does this achieve ? No matter what we need their money. If we dont who in their right mind would want to invest in us?

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Can't agree with that. Yes, Nelms had chosen a succession of shit managers but we are just after spending 5 year in the top flight with managers being well backed. 

I respectfully think they've been our best owners since I've supported the club (Which considering our past isn't necessarily a big compliment). 

I don't think there can be any doubts about their investment considering they've consistently backed managers and spent money whilst at the club.

If the stadium thing falls through and they do decide to move on, I don't really think that's a 'told you so scenario'. Tim Keyes says he's fell in love with the club - but at the end of the day a foreign investor is only going to invest if he feels he can make money long term. This project is how they envisage it happening.

As it stands, Keyes would benefit from not allowing Nelms to make managerial decisions as he'd waste a hell of a lot less money, but to say they haven't backed the club with solid investment is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Looks like the way to go is to ask him to back up his claims with evidence.

Nah, in your case the way to go was to ask a ridiculous question that was only worthy of ignoring and even then you couldn’t even frame the parameters of the question properly.

Way to go all right, Einstein. 

👍