Ayr United vs Ross County

D'Jaffo

How did drinan play?

Had very few chances (only 1 I think and he scuffed it) but he put himself about and made it awkward for Fontaine and Donaldson. He might not score many but he looks like a pain to play against.

Day was just full of surprises. finally beating one of the teuchter twins, scoring from a corner,  a clean sheet with a solid organised defence.

Thought Doc and Houston were excellent, and the new guy looked decent. Bit of speed about him, chases down balls, and challenges for long ones

That was as easy a win against an Spl win as you'll see.
First half County only had one tactic. Hit it long on the counter.

Second half they looked better until we changed formation and killed the game off.

We didn't make a huge amount chances but certainly deserved the win. Forrest had an off day but everyone else had good games

Drinan looks a handful. Doesn't look like a goalscorer yet but defenders seem to hate playing against him as he's fairly physical and pretty quick as well.Brings others into the game.

All in all a good day.

County didn’t look up to much but we did what we had to do and it was nice to see us grind out a win with a bit of organisation as it’s something that hasn’t happened much the past few years. I was worried we were sitting back too much in the second half but to be fair it worked as we gave away next to no chances.

Drinan looked a handful and I hope is the type of striker we’ve been crying out for for a while, he gave us a good out ball when we needed it. Conversely Forrest was poor again and I’d be tempted to take money for him now if Livingston increase their first offer of a dairy milk and a packet of quavers.

County lucky to get away with not going down to 10 men with 2 border line challenges (one which Dallas never even gave a foul for!)

The best we’ve played in weeks, and we were really physical today without being over the top in challenges. Drinan worked his arse off today, looked a real handful and for me the type of player Moore will thrive off (like his partnership with Preston) 

Was impressed with the change in formation to nullify County when they went with 3 strikers, however it wasn’t more strikers they were needing, it was someone to actually create an opportunity. 

29 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

County didn’t look up to much but we did what we had to do and it was nice to see us grind out a win with a bit of organisation as it’s something that hasn’t happened much the past few years. I was worried we were sitting back too much in the second half but to be fair it worked as we gave away next to no chances.

Drinan looked a handful and I hope is the type of striker we’ve been crying out for for a while, he gave us a good out ball when we needed it. Conversely Forrest was poor again and I’d be tempted to take money for him now if Livingston increase their first offer of a dairy milk and a packet of quavers.

Forrest was far from poor.  Consistently used the ball well and put in a shift covering back.  Wasn’t a bad performance from anyone, though Bell was superb and a worthy man of the match.