Ayr United vs Ross County

D'Jaffo

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Best defensive performance under Kerr. Killed the game with 35 mins to go by bringing Roscoe on and County didn’t get a chance.

Given how ineffective Ross County were I'm not sure the last 30/35 mins of defending on our 6 yard line was neccessary. We won but it should really have been more comfortable tbh.

33 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Kelly was good too,  minus that short free kick monstrosity to  Kerr. Needs worked on that one.

That free kick was an aberration. It's like taking a short corner - pointless. Get the ball in the box!!

County lucky to get away with not going down to 10 men with 2 border line challenges (one which Dallas never even gave a foul for!)
The best we’ve played in weeks, and we were really physical today without being over the top in challenges. Drinan worked his arse off today, looked a real handful and for me the type of player Moore will thrive off (like his partnership with Preston) 
Was impressed with the change in formation to nullify County when they went with 3 strikers, however it wasn’t more strikers they were needing, it was someone to actually create an opportunity. 

I don’t think there was any red card challenges tbh, it’s a physical game ffs

6 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I don’t think there was any red card challenges tbh, it’s a physical game ffs

The one on Docherty looked studs up from where I was on the north terrace, maybe get a better look on the highlights. One on Drinan? on the sideline was a challenge with no intent to play the ball, Drinan manage to lift his leg off the ground in anticipation. Dochertys reaction was understandable.

The one on Docherty looked studs up from where I was on the north terrace, maybe get a better look on the highlights. One on Drinan? on the sideline was a challenge with no intent to play the ball, Drinan manage to lift his leg off the ground in anticipation. Dochertys reaction was understandable.

That was Kelly I think. Thought Doc might have got a red for his reaction, the ref just gave the County player a yellow and put the card away

30 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Was it by Vigurs? If it was, it's probably a red. He's a shitebag for wild, studs up lunges at people.

The tackle on Docherty looked really poor - not sure if it was a straight red but Dallas was having a laugh waving play on.  The one on the stand side on Drinan was pretty crude but again not sure it was a red - I think the reaction from our lot probably came from a general feeling that Ross County we’re leaving the boot in a bit.

Great result for us today. We defended superbly. County didn’t look up too much. Where was Ross Stewart? Really like him as a player. 

Best players for us were Houston, Bell & Docherty. Drinan also looked decent. Looked like he could hold up the ball and get others involved in the play which is something we’ve probably been crying out for. 

Bring on the next round. 

27 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Drinan was good but his miss was awful

I think he was caught in two minds between dinking it over the goalie or blasting it in.

From my recollection (haven't seen on Sportscene) he leaned back a bit and managed neither and hit a kind of floaty shot right at the goalie.