Ayr United vs Ross County

D'Jaffo

I’ve had enough of seeing us get beat by teuchter teams that are too tall and strong for us. Rumour mill saying we might actually complete one of those signing things that other teams do although depending who it is they might already be cup tied.

Since it’s a cup game and Ross County should be favourites for this I’d maybe make a couple of changes. I’d like to see Mark McKenzie get a start and put Sam Roscoe back in the team. Apart from that we’ve really nothing to lose.

Probably one of the worst draws imaginable for us. A big bunch of teuchter hammer throwers who we can’t beat. They aren’t a big enough club where a neutral would be enticed to come along. Just seen that prices are the same as league games thought both clubs might have been able to reach some sort of agreement to reduce prices 

Both set of supporters please remember no cash at turnstiles, entry by ticket only

avoid any game day queues by

1-Order online 24/7

2- Visit shop during opening times to purchase ticket

3- Contact shop during opening times pre pay ticket and pick in shop 

season tickets NOT valid for cup games 

shop opening times

Wed 2-5

Thu 2-7

Fri 10-4

Sat 11-3 ( tickets only on sale in shop from 11-12.30 and can then be purchased from ticket office to kick off )

phone - 01292-263435 ext 5 

Its utterly depressing how bad our record is against both Ross County and Inverness, and here we are welcoming them both to Somerset within a week.    

Hopefully we can get something - the guys from the Terrace Podcast on twitter have us as favourites for some reason so I'll go with that.

Incidentally I have a programme somewhere from the 0-2 'shock" result in 1996 signed by Ally MacLeod.   

Screenshot_20200118-000523_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Its utterly depressing how bad our record is against both Ross County and Inverness, and here we are welcoming them both to Somerset within a week.    

Hopefully we can get something - the guys from the Terrace Podcast on twitter have us as favourites for some reason so I'll go with that.

Incidentally I have a programme somewhere from the 0-2 'shock" result in 1996 signed by Ally MacLeod.   

Screenshot_20200118-000523_Samsung Internet.jpg

That was my first ever football match. I was 8 and living in Ayr at the time. Had no idea I was about to be uprooted to the highlands to become a rabid staggie, I distinctly remember being raging that Ayr got beat. 

There are a few county fans heading down tomorrow but it wont be hugely busy in the away end, even by our modest standards. I myself am dingying it in favour of Slipknot and a night at the catty. Not sure if this is a more terrifying prospect than the game. 

1-0 Ayr. 

9 hours ago, CountyFan said:

That was my first ever football match. I was 8 and living in Ayr at the time. Had no idea I was about to be uprooted to the highlands to become a rabid staggie, I distinctly remember being raging that Ayr got beat. 

There are a few county fans heading down tomorrow but it wont be hugely busy in the away end, even by our modest standards. I myself am dingying it in favour of Slipknot and a night at the catty. Not sure if this is a more terrifying prospect than the game. 

1-0 Ayr. 

Mosh pit madness