Farewell Neil Peart

pozbaird

Rush drummer, dead at 67 following a secret battle with brain cancer. Shocked to hear this. My favourite band, since I first heard them, and first saw them, in 1977. I saw them on every tour here since 1977, met them once in Glasgow where they all signed my copy of the Hemispheres album. Genuinely shocked to hear this sad news tonight.

RIP.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Rush drummer, dead at 67 following a secret battle with brain cancer. Shocked to hear this. My favourite band, since I first heard them, and first saw them, in 1977. I saw them on every tour here since 1977, met them once in Glasgow where they all signed my copy of the Hemispheres album. Genuinely shocked to hear this sad news tonight.

RIP.

Did you see them at the Apollo?

1 minute ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Did you see them at the Apollo?

Yeah, firstly on the ‘Farewell to Kings’ tour with support band Tyla Gang, then the 1978 Hemispheres tour with support band Max Webster, then.... 

My son, who I turned on to Rush has just told me this sad news. Had no idea he was ill and just thought he was leading his private life in quiet retirement. Hemispheres tour at the Apollo was my first and like Poz every tour since. Sad news indeed.

RIP Neil. 

I heard the news tonight by text from my best mate, who is a massive Quo fan. He’s a huge Quo fan who likes Rush, and I’m a massive Rush fan who likes Quo. We agree that we couldn’t have asked for more from Rick Parfitt, Neil Peart, or the bands they played in. For forty plus years - albums, tours, always great live bands. Professional, always gave their best.