Albums of 2020

Ira Gaines

33 minutes ago, Quiet Riot said:

Are Napalm Death still about?  I was listening to them when I was at school  in the eighties.  How many drummers have they had now?  Sure they were into double figures back then.

On topic, only know of two albums from 2020:

Alestorm - Curse of the Crystal Coconut.  Heard some of it on YouTube.  Won't be buying despite owning all of Alestorm's previous. Nowhere near their usual standard.

Lovebites - Electric Pentagram. The album as a whole isn't great but it has some real stand out tunes, including this one that Lemmy would be proud of.

Never mind Napalm Death, I'm stunned to learn that Alestorm are still a thing. As concepts go pirate metal was a tremendously funny one but surely the joke is wearing a little thin now. 

27 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Never mind Napalm Death, I'm stunned to learn that Alestorm are still a thing. As concepts go pirate metal was a tremendously funny one but surely the joke is wearing a little thin now. 

Whilst the pirate theme was mildly amusing, I found that Alestorm (and in particular Christopher Bowes) produced some well written and entertaining songs.  A lot of the lyrics were clearly written for comedic value, but the music was excellent and would stand up just as well with more serious lyrics.