Albums of 2020

Ira Gaines

Got round to picking up the new Bill Callahan album today. As with all his records, it'll take a few listens to fully digest but on first listen I like it a lot more than "Shepherd In A Sheepskin Vest" which I thought was his poorest for a long time. It's no "Supper", "A River Ain't Too Much To Love" or "Knock Knock" but an average Bill is still better than most folks best. 

Another WFH discovery today.
Reminiscent of early OMD, New Order, Depeche Mode, maybe even Japan.

Nation of Language - Introduction Presence

Such a shame there are a couple of weak songs on it as the majority was excellent for a debut album.

This is my favourite song on it (at the moment)

[/url]

Also A Certain Ratio have a new album out soon. The new single from it is superb.
(To all the youngsters looking in, ACR first released in 1978, so to make music like this over 40 years later is unreal).

Downloaded the Nation Of Language album off the back of your review as they sounded right up my street. Not disappointed, absolutely cracking album

• 3 weeks later...

Posting this here as seems as good a place as any. If you like Sufjan Stevens his only radio interview promoting his new album “The Ascension” was broadcast on Double J earlier today. https://www.abc.net.au/doublej/music-reads/features/sufjan-stevens-feature-ascension-america-video-game/12711108

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2020 at 18:49, Meathead said:

My favourite album of 2020 so far is Fenne Lily's BREACH. I find her music very soothing.

Saw her in Glasgow a couple of years back. The songs I can take or leave but I absolutely love her voice. Very asmr.

New one from Cut Worms is out.  It’s called Nobody Lives Here Anymore.  Take a touch of John Lennon vocals, a dose of Gene Clark instruments and a handful of Buddy Holly hooks, and you’ve got some toe-tappingly charming fluff, with nary an original note anywhere to be found.  It comes in at well over an hour, though.  Enough of that, Cut Worms. 

New one from Cut Worms is out.  It’s called Nobody Lives Here Anymore.  Take a touch of John Lennon vocals, a dose of Gene Clark instruments and a handful of Buddy Holly hooks, and you’ve got some toe-tappingly charming fluff, with nary an original note anywhere to be found.  It comes in at well over an hour, though.  Enough of that, Cut Worms. 

Adored Cut Worms since I first saw him supporting Marlon Williams at Tuts a few years back. His vocal is a dead ringer for George Harrison to my ears.