Albums of 2020

Ira Gaines

Shameless plug as I work with him, but the new Fiskur album was released today. Really good. 

I don’t work with him and I think it’s great too. Glad he’s finally got it out.

Also, Miguel Sanchez (I forgot to multi-quote) - I got it online from Norman Records today. He’s selling vinyl directly on his Bandcamp as well.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

The Killers’ new one sounds very War On Drugs, and is all the better for it.

Very noticeable that Brandon & Ronnie are the main contributers this time out. Certainly a few growers in there and Dying Breed & My Own Soul's Warning add to the already extensive list of 'live bangers'.

3 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

Loving the new Bright Eyes on first listen. The Killers’ new one sounds very War On Drugs, and is all the better for it.

Bright Eyes album is an instant classic on first listen. I'm going to be giving it lots of attention during the days ahead. 

Another WFH discovery today.

Reminiscent of early OMD, New Order, Depeche Mode, maybe even Japan.

Nation of Language - Introduction Presence

Such a shame there are a couple of weak songs on it as the majority was excellent for a debut album.

This is my favourite song on it (at the moment)

[/url]

Also A Certain Ratio have a new album out soon. The new single from it is superb.

(To all the youngsters looking in, ACR first released in 1978, so to make music like this over 40 years later is unreal).

I've not got as far as their release this year, but during lockdown I went back to my peak listening phase of 06-08 and what I was really into then. I've never really listened to anything like them before or since so I don't know why I stopped after Enter Shikari's first album, but I've gone back to them in the past week and am very excited to see what I've missed out on. Common Dreads feels like it could have been released last week.

On 21/08/2020 at 23:44, G-MAN said:

Another WFH discovery today.

Reminiscent of early OMD, New Order, Depeche Mode, maybe even Japan.

Nation of Language - Introduction Presence

Such a shame there are a couple of weak songs on it as the majority was excellent for a debut album.

This is my favourite song on it (at the moment)

Yeah I'm a big fan of this album, definitely one of my favourites of this year so far. As you say, it's a very good debut and while it does dip in quality a little in the middle, on the whole it's a really enjoyable album. 

18 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

Absolutely loving the new tune. Hopefully not having to wait too long for a full-length to follow.

I am too. I was really apprehensive when they started hinting they had new music but it's great. 
Barring the L.Pierre  stuff (which I have a fair bit of and is ok) I love Moffat's stuff and I love Middleton's stuff too. I wasn't sure on how the new stuff would be but I am pleased with the new track. Missed the vinyl in mono though, gutter!