Clydebank v Hurlford

WitsTheGoalieDain?

Guest Mr Happy

And Craig scored from a corner ( I was inline with the corner flag at this time. Ball was well over the line with their keeper. Yet ref and his assistant missed this [emoji849]

Guest Mr Happy
You should be used to it by now. I suggest some Prozac at your age

I enjoy my Saturday [emoji6] my wife and I go to the games. Life is good. Anyway it’s Bankies or grandchildren [emoji6] plenty of days through the week for them [emoji23]

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im very optimistic about the future. I just dont see the point in the club investing in players to win the west of scotland cup etc when there’s nothing to move on to. Might mean something to some but I couldnt care less about the sectional cup, west cup etc.

Why do you bother  going to our games then? far to many of our fans forget we played in the juniors for 66 years before being dragged into the sfl by the steedmans. I would rather stay with the juniors who welcomed us with open arms when we had nowhere else to go than return to the sfl who sold us down the river.

Why do you bother  going to our games then? far to many of our fans forget we played in the juniors for 66 years before being dragged into the sfl by the steedmans. I would rather stay with the juniors who welcomed us with open arms when we had nowhere else to go than return to the sfl who sold us down the river.

Yeh our fans getting attacked by folks with baseball bats down in Ayrshire etc is welcome arms. Clubs waiting until the day after we play them in a cup game before folding for a year after our fans pay their gate money is great treatment. Theres loads of examples and its all been covered before. Look you feel strongly about staying junior, great, campaign amongst trust members to scrap it. Im optimistic about where the club is going.

Guest Mr Happy
What was everyone’s thoughts on the sending off?

Thought young Ben was very unlucky, he won the ball but his momentum sliding on the wet surface brought him into contact with the lads midriff,
Also ref was a bit card happy today. [emoji853]

Guest Mr Happy
Took in this game today. Hurlford by far the better team and thoroughly deserved the win
Blaming the referee is just papering over how poor Clydebank were

Nope, ref was very poor. Sending off our player when the surface had more to do with the incident than malice from our player, was poor on his part. A yellow if he needed to show his card at all. ( and I’d say the same if it was their player) Several tackles went unpunished in the middle of the park and he missed a Bankies goal too. Nothing to do with Bankies today. It was down to the ref having a stinker

Nope, ref was very poor. Sending off our player when the surface had more to do with the incident than malice from our player, was poor on his part. A yellow if he needed to show his card at all. ( and I’d say the same if it was their player) Several tackles went unpunished in the middle of the park and he missed a Bankies goal too. Nothing to do with Bankies today. It was down to the ref having a stinker

We were rotten, using the ref is a poor deflection tactic. Cameron won the ball then wiped the guy out, stonewall red card from where I was. Missed the possible penalty claim as had to dump some cider though lol

We’re not good enough just now. Hewitt could have an impact but I dont think we play to his attributes just yet. I think we need to lose a few from the squad and replace with a little better quality and would like to see JD restored at the back. Gary Mc could start a fight with himself at times.

Yeh I have to say I didn’t even think it was a foul. Two players going for a ball straight on Ben won it cleanly and the two flying in its unfortunate their lad got hurt but have to say I was shocked. Would like to have seen it ok highlights as well to look closer. 

Anyone who knows me I’m very fair on referees and not deflecting on our teams faults. There was things we didn’t do well, Hurlford I thought showed excellent quality from crosses and took their goals really well.

I thought we fought back really well and it was game on at 2-2. If he’s got the red wrong that’s had a massive impact on the game. Holmes tripped in the box at 2-3 is a massive decision that changed the game. To say those types of calls don’t influence a game is also ignorance.

Hurlford showed today why they are one of the better junior teams out there. Excellent for the first 25min and worth there 2 0 advantage. Clydebank did well to come back however this was down to defensive errors rather than good play. Second half always looked that Hurlford were the more likely to go on and win the game. Can only remember the Hurlford keeper been tested once from a terrific shot and equally good save second half 

Sending off- Unfortunately this type of challenge is more than likely to result in a sending off these days I personally didn't see much wrong with the tackle and imo the lad was making a genuine challenge. If anything a yellow card would have been suffice 

Penalty claim - 50/50 on another day would have been given

14 minutes ago, Any team will do said:

Hurlford showed today why they are one of the better junior teams out there. Excellent for the first 25min and worth there 2 0 advantage. Clydebank did well to come back however this was down to defensive errors rather than good play. Second half always looked that Hurlford were the more likely to go on and win the game. Can only remember the Hurlford keeper been tested once from a terrific shot and equally good save second half 

Sending off- Unfortunately this type of challenge is more than likely to result in a sending off these days I personally didn't see much wrong with the tackle and imo the lad was making a genuine challenge. If anything a yellow card would have been suffice 

Penalty claim - 50/50 on another day would have been given

So you now agree that we should have kept 11 for 40 mins and a penalty. I’d say that’s two huge calls that definitely influences the win over a loss.

And I repeat, I’m well aware of the teams failings of which there are many. As long as they work as hard as they have the past 3 games we should finish mid table hopefully and rebuild in the summer.

Guest Mr Happy

I missed the penalty claim [emoji52] but was I the only one that noticed the Hurlford keeper stepping into his own net with the ball, from Craig’s corner [emoji854]

Or was that something I wished for [emoji16]

Guest Mr Happy

We were rotten, using the ref is a poor deflection tactic. Cameron won the ball then wiped the guy out, stonewall red card from where I was. Missed the possible penalty claim as had to dump some cider though lol

We’re not good enough just now. Hewitt could have an impact but I dont think we play to his attributes just yet. I think we need to lose a few from the squad and replace with a little better quality and would like to see JD restored at the back. Gary Mc could start a fight with himself at times.

Not using the ref as deflection in any form. He was shocking, we were bad. That’s what I seen today.

37 minutes ago, BTID said:

So you now agree that we should have kept 11 for 40 mins and a penalty. I’d say that’s two huge calls that definitely influences the win over a loss.

And I repeat, I’m well aware of the teams failings of which there are many. As long as they work as hard as they have the past 3 games we should finish mid table hopefully and rebuild in the summer.

Nope I'm not saying you should have kept 11 players on the park. What I'm saying is that in days gone by this sort of tackle was acceptable and me being old school I would like that to still be the case. However in the recent era referees are being instructed to come down on over physical tackles and unfortunately the tackle today came into this category. So in that respect the Ref made the correct call. The penalty claim as I said was 50/50 call  some you get some you don't and who to say if given you would have scored 

Take it all accept Hurlford deserved the win? 

8 minutes ago, Any team will do said:

Nope I'm not saying you should have kept 11 players on the park. What I'm saying is that in days gone by this sort of tackle was acceptable and me being old school I would like that to still be the case. However in the recent era referees are being instructed to come down on over physical tackles and unfortunately the tackle today came into this category. So in that respect the Ref made the correct call. The penalty claim as I said was 50/50 call  some you get some you don't and who to say if given you would have scored 

Take it all accept Hurlford deserved the win? 

I do get what you mean, really any tackle with ‘excessive force’ now runs risk of a red but I think we both agreed that the tackle looked fine. If he’s got the ball cleanly foot on the floor both players committed and theres no Intent to hurt or be out of control then I think we agree it’s not even a foul. 

The penalty claim didn’t look 50/50 it was a pen in my point of view. 

On who deserved to win, I thought Hurlford started really well and deserved to be on front. I thought we changed the momentum of the game by half time having equalised although I would agree Ford were better taking the scoreline away. 

2nd half, well the controversial decision on 50 mins means we’ll never know the outcome 11v11 but yes taking the officials decisions away and basing on performance the best team won.

I missed the penalty claim [emoji52] but was I the only one that noticed the Hurlford keeper stepping into his own net with the ball, from Craig’s corner [emoji854]
Or was that something I wished for [emoji16]
I seen that from the clubhouse aswell and i was sober for a change lol. Ref was honking but we werent much better. Season over, magic. Ill still be there next week

Mon the papers

Guest Mr Happy
I seen that from the clubhouse aswell and i was sober for a change lol. Ref was honking but we werent much better. Season over, magic. Ill still be there next week

Mon the papers

Thought I was going mad [emoji23] yeah once again, I’ll be there next season too [emoji106]