Ireland

Crùbag

9 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Having SF in a position of power in Dublin when the Brexit deal gets negotiated would not be good, so hopefully FF-FG-Inds is what happens and it lasts at least a year.

Why wouldn’t it be good?

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Was responding to Jacksgranda and not to misguided SNP supporters who mistakenly see SF as some sort of sister party when they really have a lot more in common with the constitutional nationalism of the SDLP.

Why wouldn’t it be good?

7 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

They might want to administer a "punishment beating" as Boris Johnson would say.

I don’t know what you mean by that, and I suspect you don’t either.

If you want to respond to a question put to another poster (who doesn’t seem to want to answer) then at least make it understandable.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t know what you mean by that, and I suspect you don’t either.

If you want to respond to a question put to another poster (who doesn’t seem to want to answer) then at least make it understandable.

All right, Mr Tetchy. A couple of years ago Boris Johnson made the comment below in the context of the UK leaving the European Union.

“If Monsieur Hollande wants to administer punishment beatings that anyone chooses to escape, rather in the manner of some World War Two movie, then I don’t think that’s the way forward.”

That was one reason for my reference to punishment beatings. The second reason was the close relationship between Sinn Fein and Republican paramilitaries whose methods of policing "anti-social" activities in their communities frequently involved punishment beatings. Finally, as you probably know, Irish Republicans have no great fondness for the UK  (and England in particular. Given this hostility, it's not unreasonable to infer that their involvement in negotiations might lack sympathy towards the UK. I don't think this is like,ly but it was a reasonable comment. I hope I have put your suspicions to rest.

15 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

All right, Mr Tetchy. A couple of years ago Boris Johnson made the comment below in the context of the UK leaving the European Union.

“If Monsieur Hollande wants to administer punishment beatings that anyone chooses to escape, rather in the manner of some World War Two movie, then I don’t think that’s the way forward.”

That was one reason for my reference to punishment beatings. The second reason was the close relationship between Sinn Fein and Republican paramilitaries whose methods of policing "anti-social" activities in their communities frequently involved punishment beatings. Finally, as you probably know, Irish Republicans have no great fondness for the UK  (and England in particular. Given this hostility, it's not unreasonable to infer that their involvement in negotiations might lack sympathy towards the UK. I don't think this is like,ly but it was a reasonable comment. I hope I have put your suspicions to rest.

"inextricably linked" is the terminology

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...