Best and Worst Moments of the Decade

This thread, ripped off other, bigger forums, might be a little out of date given we're nine days into the new year but nevertheless: what have been the best and worst moments following your team over the past 10 years?

BEST

• Eric Paton's goal against Alloa Athletic on 23 April 2011 was a superlative moment. We were struggling in ninth place at the time and anything other than a win against the Wasps would have consigned us to the relegation play-offs. Grant Anderson cancelled out Scott Walker's early header before the Big Easy netted with an indirect free-kick. What a feeling! We leapfrogged Alloa and secured our Second Division status with a thumping win over Peterhead on the final day of the season. Eric Paton, what a player!
  • Beating Kilmarnock in the League Cup was a tremendous achievement and one of the best results of the last decade. We turned in a very good performance to knock out the holders at Rugby Park, with Bomber Ferguson and John Gemmell netting.
  • Sean Higgins scoring an equaliser to secure a 3-3 draw at Ibrox, and rattling that horrible Rangers TV commentator in the process, was lovely stuff. We'd been thumped 8-0 on our previous trip to Govan and expectations were lower than dinosaur bones, so to take something off them on their own turf was lovely.
  • Sacking Scott Booth brought about a tremendous sense of relief, so too did replacing him with Brown Ferguson. I remember his first match in charge, a 3-2 defeat at Dunfermline Athletic where we threw away a two-goal lead (as well as conceding a last-minute winner) and really feeling a change in terms of what I was seeing on the pitch and among the support. Everyone really seemed to be pulling in the same direction and it ultimately led to a successful run  in the play-offs.
  • Stephen Stirling's goal in the 2-0 Challenge Cup victory over Raith Rovers is still the best goal I've ever seen in the flesh, a marvelous dipping parabola - I can't quite believe how hard and how high he struck the ball - that capped a tremendous showing against full-time opposition.
  • Carlos Mazana-Martinez didn't really do all that much at Stenhousemuir but his goal in a 4-2 win over Airdrieonians was supreme. The Diamonds were pressing for a late equaliser when their corner kick was cleared, sending the Spaniard upfield and in on goal. His chip over Rohan Ferguson was glorious.
  • Mick Dunlop's two headers in the play-off final first leg against Peterhead were out of this world and set us on the path for promotion in 2018. We hadn't scored from a set-piece all season so when the captain popped up with his second-half brace, it was bedlam. Brilliant celebrations from the bog man too. What a player!
  • Stenhousemuir 4-2 Falkirk. The best of all time.

WORST

• I always look back on Scot Buist's injury at East Fife (curiously enough, the same game Billy Brown lost his mind) with regret. He'd been a very important player for us, both on and off the field, in the 2012/13 season and I reckon if we were able to keep him alongside Ross McMillan at centre-back we would have had the bedrock for a promotion push the following year. In the end, he had to retire (before making a brief comeback), which was a damn shame.
  • The death of youth-team player Charles Docherty on New Year's Day 2015 was very sad. We played Stirling Albion the following day and I don't think the match should have gone ahead in the circumstances.
  • There's a lot to dislike about Scott Booth's time in charge of the club but the moment I turned against him for good was when he released Sean Dickson and allowed him to join East Fife. Dickson was a popular player among the support and it seemed beyond careless to let go of a good young player after a falling out. A rubbish manager.
  • Back-to-back home defeats to Cowdenbeath and Elgin City in late March 2018 terrified me and led me to believe we were not going to make it into the top four. With a resurgent Clyde close behind us, these slip-ups against two of the worst travelers in League 2 could have been grievous; thankfully, we got away with it in the end.
  • Sacking Brown Ferguson for dubious reasons was a mistake and one we're still paying for. Nothing has been quite right ever since.
  • Kyle Bradley's goal for Annan Athletic 10 minutes into the play-off semi-final second leg was horrendous. We were trailing 2-0 on aggregate after a crap display at Galabank and that goal, so early into the match, effectively finished the tie off. We were not coming back from that.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a bit late to this . The last decade has been the best time to be supporting Rovers

Highs

- Crazy gang winning play off promotion at Annan 2010-11. What a team not a bad manager either

- Beating Airdrie 7-2

-Winning L1play off 2012 beat Stranraer to escape relegation . Crazy gang do it again

-Beating Motherwell in the cup. Didn’t see that one coming. Very few Rovers fans talk about this as it was overshadowed by the Rangers games

-Winning L2 Title in 2015. 
-Staying up for two seasons- although our over spending caught up with us

-Escaping relegation last. Something you shouldn’t overindulge in. The club looked dead and buried. Kevin Harper deserves a lot of credit for saving the club

- Celebrating two testimonials for two Rovers stalwarts- Ciaran Donnelly and Alan Reid. Great servants to the club

-Beating QoS in the last minute to earn a cup tie against Celtic

Lows

-Relegation in 2013 and 2018. 
-Robbed at Ibrox in the cup. John Beaton aaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh

-Losing in the cup to Sunnybank and Fortmartine

-Club captain Ciaran Donnelly being shown the door in 2015. He should have lifted the trophy that year. A very poorly handled situation by the club

-The appointment of John Brogan. I still can’t get over that someone in the Rovers Boardroom thought that was a good move- a bonkers, totally bonkers appointment. Truly the worst Rovers team I have ever witnessed 

Best

Winning promotion to the first division with a 3-0 win at the glebe, even though we were preparing for another season in the 3rd division at the start of the season.

Winning the second division championship, me and the old man was at every game, right from the first pre season friendly to the last kick of the season. When that second goal went in at home against Forfar, the realisation that we were champions was emotional for both of us. 

Pumping the Townies in their backyard, they had us beat before the game had started, but we came, we saw, we conquered. Still a big thanks to Bob McHugh for a grand day out. 

Worst

The Hearts and CowTENbeath debacle. 

The back to back relegations, and one game away from dropping out of league football twice.

A great first half of the decade, but a low low second.