Another Royal steps down...

5 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

The editor of one magazine, possibly Vogue or Cosmopolitan, said that every time they put a photo of Princess Di on the cover they would sell twice as many copies.

What would Princess Di have to say about the drone strike on General Soleimani?  Oh I really want to know.

"He was a second rate general, but a first rate lover". 

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A lot less than all the shite you mentioned in your post.  

I was fucking raging that Sunday because I had to go into study and all the fucking radio stations just played sombre shite all day.  Still seething about it tbh. 

Bizarrely Radio one played an instrumental version of  'The Aloof's' One Night Stand on a loop.  I think someone at the station had a sense of humour.

Possibly Frankie Boyle's most irreverent joke about celebrating her death by 'having a gangbang in a minefield' didn't draw as much criticism as some of his other offerings.

16 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, possible text that says 'im leaving you'll do as i say youre not my dad you tell him son'

Have to say, the older he gets the more I think he does take after old Chico.

The problems with hundreds of years of inbreeding I guess, is that they all look too much like each other anyway.

1 hour ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Bizarrely Radio one played an instrumental version of  'The Aloof's' One Night Stand on a loop.  I think someone at the station had a sense of humour.

Possibly Frankie Boyle's most irreverent joke about celebrating her death by 'having a gangbang in a minefield' didn't draw as much criticism as some of his other offerings.

Think that's what he got banned from Mock the Week for.

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

They were at Balmoral at the time and didn't want to get involved, or even attend Diana's funeral - they suggested it should be a private event organised by the Spencer family.

“Would you rather, Ma’am, that she came back in a Harrods van?”

10 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A lot less than all the shite you mentioned in your post.  

I was fucking raging that Sunday because I had to go into study and all the fucking radio stations just played sombre shite all day.  Still seething about it tbh. 

I was at the Scotland game at Pittodrie the day after her funeral, the match v Belarus that was originally scheduled for the Saturday but pushed back 24 hours, a squad of us had come up from Stirling and went out on the town that Saturday night and went to the game Sunday, travelling home after the match. 

During the minutes silence pre match for the nations princess blah blah I was being violently sick 🤢 in the top tier of the Richard Donald stand, having overdid it on the Sambuca the previous evening, a fitting tribute in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Fullerene said:

The editor of one magazine, possibly Vogue or Cosmopolitan, said that every time they put a photo of Princess Di on the cover they would sell twice as many copies.

So, why didn't they put a photo of Princess Di on the cover of every issue?

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

I was at the Scotland game at Pittodrie the day after her funeral, the match v Belarus that was originally scheduled for the Saturday but pushed back 24 hours, a squad of us had come up from Stirling and went out on the town that Saturday night and went to the game Sunday, travelling home after the match. 

During the minutes silence pre match for the nations princess blah blah I was being violently sick 🤢 in the top tier of the Richard Donald stand, having overdid it on the Sambuca the previous evening, a fitting tribute in my opinion. 

image.jpeg.aa0a8b92461ecf7d8335680fc0a51fd3.jpeg

My overriding memory of Diana's death:

I had been out and on it. The announcement of what had happened was put out either at the end or the middle of an Essential Mix (Felix da Housecat if I remember correctly...cracking mix). I recognised the significance of it. Most present didn't.

I got paid treble time for working doing hee haw the day of the funeral.