Another Royal steps down...

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

That sounds like me at work.

I never thought I'd be able to relate to the Queen but you've sorted that for me. Ta. 

What? Do you think the whole world smells like fresh paint as well?

56 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Did you mean to put she hopes her son dies before her? You're probably right.

Yup, if you read private eye, it’s fairly clear she doesn’t want Brian on throne.

12 hours ago, Rugster said:

She did other things as well as acting. Her net worth in 2018 was estimated at $5 million.

So that's what? Enough to keep her clothed for 6 or 7 years. Or do up her house 1 1/2 times.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

They seem like good people. Meghan was treated horribly just because she wasn't white.

Well, that and she's known to treat the people around her like shit, her staff, her friends, even her own family. She's faker than a £500 note, she disrespects Saint Betty, she's made it clear she views her Royal connections as nothing more than a means to merchandise her brand, and her husband may as well have a ring through his nose the way she leads him around.

2 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

It's not really that newsworthy at a time when the Middle East conflict may erupt any day, oh, and Brexit is just round the corner. Get it to f**k of my TV.

And there it is.

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

Well, that and she's known to treat the people around her like shit, her staff, her friends, even her own family. She's faker than a £500 note, she disrespects Saint Betty, she's made it clear she views her Royal connections as nothing more than a means to merchandise her brand, and her husband may as well have a ring through his nose the way she leads him around.

Hiya Piers, hiya pal.

51 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

You say that like it makes her any worse than the family she married into. The centuries-old pleep about pushy, ambitious, and uncouth nouveau-riche types wangling their way into the aristocrat's neighbourhood is laughable enough coming from actual aristocrats (who are only in that position because THEIR ancestors were the pushy, ambitious nooves themselves). Hearing random plebs moan about how their betters are letting the side down by marrying the wrong sort is pathetic and embarrassing 'Born to reign over us' patter.

Personally, I'm hoping you're right and she's a cross between Yoko Ono, Lady Macbeth and Cruella De Ville. One tiny wee plane crash wiping out Wills and Kate and the sprogs could give us a worst-case scenario King Charles -> Queen Meghan succession which would hopefully disgust the country into getting rid of the b*****ds forever.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Hiya Piers, hiya pal.

😁 It pains me to think I share similar views to him on anything. Mostly, it's just spiteful glee at seeing the royal family imploding.

16 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

You say that like it makes her any worse than the family she married into. The centuries-old pleep about pushy, ambitious, and uncouth nouveau-riche types wangling their way into the aristocrat's neighbourhood is laughable enough coming from actual aristocrats (who are only in that position because THEIR ancestors were the pushy, ambitious nooves themselves). Hearing random plebs moan about how their betters are letting the side down by marrying the wrong sort is pathetic and embarrassing 'Born to reign over us' patter.

You're right, of course and I didn't mean it to come across that way. Personally, I'd like to see them all get the same level of scrutiny.

9 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

They must all have forgotten the old bat's insensitive, inadequate response when Diana died. Harry was just 12 years old at the time, ffs.

Well you clearly have.

She wanted to stay at Balmoral with Charles and the boys but the UK population demanded they return to London and grieve in public. 

You can date the downfall of this country to the moment Diana died and the South of England collectively went mad.

10 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

They must all have forgotten the old bat's insensitive, inadequate response when Diana died. Harry was just 12 years old at the time, ffs.

Over 1,000,000 people left flowers at Kensington Palace alone. The Salvation Army and Samaritans had 24 hour patrols between Kensington and Trafalgar Square to comfort mourners for two weeks after the crash. It was a full royal ceremonial funeral. The international football was cancelled for all the home nations. Over 3,000,000 travelled to London for the funeral, half the population watched it on telly, billions watched it worldwide. Elton John's tear stained tribute is the fastest and biggest selling record of all time.

What the f**k do you think was required to make the response adequate?

11 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Over 1,000,000 people left flowers at Kensington Palace alone. The Salvation Army and Samaritans had 24 hour patrols between Kensington and Trafalgar Square to comfort mourners for two weeks after the crash. It was a full royal ceremonial funeral. The international football was cancelled for all the home nations. Over 3,000,000 travelled to London for the funeral, half the population watched it on telly, billions watched it worldwide. Elton John's tear stained tribute is the fastest and biggest selling record of all time.

What the f**k do you think was required to make the response adequate?

A lot less than all the shite you mentioned in your post.  

I was fucking raging that Sunday because I had to go into study and all the fucking radio stations just played sombre shite all day.  Still seething about it tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A lot less than all the shite you mentioned in your post.  

I was fucking raging that Sunday because I had to go into study and all the fucking radio stations just played sombre shite all day.  Still seething about it tbh. 

Had a lucky escape. Was heading out to the airport for a couple of weeks of sex, drugs and booze in Magaluf as I heard the news. Felt gutted for all the folk left in the UK having to put up with all that pish. 

On 09/01/2020 at 21:46, MixuFixit said:

I've said it before but I cannot fathom the affection much of the British public have for the queen. She traipses about the place with a permanent face like a slapped arse, obviously doesn't want to be wherever she is, does not exude a scintilla of warmth and has no interest in normal citizens. What's the appeal?

Oh come on.  Every day surrounded by smiling toadies "a teaspoon for your marmalade, m'am?", "another napkin, m'am?". "Oh f*** off and let me have my breakfast in peace." "Very good, m'am".

Then some boring opening ceremony similar to yesterday and the one the day before that.  

She probably has ideas about going to see Harry in Canada and driving a motorbike through the Rockies.

Edited by Fullerene