The Binos v Cove Rangers

First home game of 2020 and we face League Leaders Cove Rangers at Forthbank in what will be a difficult game for us.

After 2 wins away from home can we get something from this match and keep our momentum going in the right direction. Hopefully we can but  it will tough. Would be quite happy with a point from this game but you never know we might just surprise a few people on Saturday and sneak it. 

Given our goalkeeping problems we have secured on loan from Rangers Nicky Hogarth and its very likely he will make his debut against Cove, so I wish him well and hope he keeps a clean sheet. 

Prediction Binos 1 Cove 1          

I'm sure KR will be giving an upbeat pre match team talk prior to this one. As a fan I can be more realistic against Cove allstars. Of course my pessimism is tempered by the fact that SA can afford to drop points against top 2 and still be in play-offs. Can Cove afford to drop a single point?
The only way this can become a crunch match. Is if someone uses the Ryan Christie manoeuvre.

Pitch inspection arranged for 10.30 on Saturday. Forecast is for a shitload of rain from Friday evening.

Yes noticed that problem is pitch may be playable at 10.30 am but given the forecast for heavy rain during the day, game may kickoff but have to be abandoned due to the pitch being waterlogged. Difficult one to judge, just hope the weather forecast is wrong.

Tomorrow will be a difficult game for Cove who will need to put in a strong performance to get all 3 points. Our first half display at Brechin was poor and we can’t afford that against an improved SA side who don’t concede many.

With no replacement for Glass, Aird gone (thankfully) , Canto and Matty Smith still out with long term injury we’re light in midfield. We only have one recognised winger in Masson (except for Yule who’s stuck at right back)  a lack of width is worrying.

Mitch is in great form and he looks like he’ll score any chance given. This could be our saving grace.

I was at Forthbank earlier this season but won’t make it tomorrow unfortunately. Enjoy the game to all who are going!

5 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Home win 3-0 ( hopefully)

We’ve been pumped away at Annan already this season so who knows what might happen tomorrow. 

No Glass to give us that creative spark and goals and no replacement for him yet either. More focus on Mitch to get the goals.

Edited by CoveRangers1922