East Fife v Airdrie

Looking forward to this, will be my first visit to Bayview and staying out in Leven overnight so hoping for something to toast in the evening with a tipple or twelve... 

If East Fife could play as poorly as their last visit to Airdrie, that would be considerate hosting and much appreciated. 

I frankly doubt it will be as emphatic as either of the previous meetings and expect a much tighter affair. 

Can't help but feel this is a bit of a must-win for us. With Montrose having leapfrogged us, and them playing Stranraer at the weekend, a defeat here combined with them winning could see us start to solidify ourselves as mid table fodder for another season. The league can change quickly but we've looked so patchy in recent weeks, we really need a bit to be putting a bit of a run together. Anyone know when Dunlop's back? 

Rarely done well at Methil in my recollections but I think we look solid defensively. It will be a tight match yet again unless we lose an early goal as has happened. East Fife will be keen to stay the pace with all of the top four and I don't think Stranraer will be an easy touch for Montrose.  I have gone for a narrow win and my predictions were good last week but that is rare indeed!  Wrap up weather possibly?

this encounter is always a tight affair I feel we are sinking ship, dunno but defensively we are all over the place dunno if this is to do with Dunlop been injured or what? we really need get back to putting a winning run together to be back in the promotion mix and above 5th/Montrose tbh. With Airdrie winning the last encounter and absolutely teared us about at the Penny Cars slash Excelsior stadium we haven't been ourselfs of late either. Temperature will probably pump down to minus 10 but I fear the worst and with the news Andy ryan will be collected by Ian Murray from Dunfermline on his way down. Really hope DY prove me wrong at the weekend as the decks will be rearrange for the trip to Cumbernauld.

We need to keep winning to keep pace, and despite winning last week, and the draw with Falkirk beforehand, I worry that there's a touch of complacency or some other problem that is evidenced by often having 2 very different 45 minute performances per game lately.

We really need to go into this game and give 100% for 90 minutes to get the result we need from it.

Edited by G_H
spelling

Can only echo the sentiments of what's been said, I really don't think this will be as emphatic as either of the games beforehand. Both games have been a mixture of 1 team being well below par and the other playing well which never ends great for 1 team, both times the away side.

We have seemed a touch complacent of late, but I hope THE (potential) signing of Andy Ryan might be a shot in the arm and a wee lift that we need to really push on.  Also guys signing new contracts and having a bit of security, you'd think would give individuals a bit of a lift and also make the guys who HAVEN'T signed a deal step up and show they deserve one also.

Its too close to call for me, both sides very capable of a result and a massive game for both sides.

36 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

The Bayview surface is plastic, pretty much a certainty to be played. 

Brilliant, cheers. 

No often a plastic pitch is a cause for celebration, but I suppose this is why clubs lay them. 

Well this isnt great. Screenshot_20200109_123338_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpeg.2b1d47a629f5fe994245a7c4a71f8d20.jpeg

Whilst we have had successful cup runs the past few years we have not been fortunate enough to get. Rangers or Celtic away . The proceeds from such a game - like Airdrie got in the Scottish Cup away to Celtic really makes a difference and creates a budget for a few years that I fear we cant compete against and hence we probably can’t afford good signings like that.( Well done them )

Hopefully we can freshen up the midfield though with a loan signing as I am sure Smithy must be back soon.

Big game for us, we could possibly end up 9 points behind Raith if we lose on Saturday and that would probably be us out of the title hunt.

We are certainly capable of beating Airdrie but we’ve hit a bit of a rocky patch lately so will need to improve. Keep it simple and back to the 4-4-2 which served us well at the start of the season.

Have to say, I was kinda hoping the Pars wouldn't release Ryan until after this weekend, what with 3 loanees being recalled from them this week. Let's hope he takes a few weeks to find match sharpness.

2-1 Fife. Don't care who, what, why, when or how. 

44 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

My prediction is a cagey 0-0 until about the 70th minute when substitute Andy Ryan fires the diamonds in front and we hold on for a 1-0 win

Cool I'll sign up for that, if you can throw in a few red cards too that'd be lovely. 😁