Stenhousemuir -vs- Brechin City

What a treat awaits us on Saturday - the two worst sides in the SPFL duking it out at Ochilview on Saturday. I, for one, cannot wait.

I don't care how we achieve it, but we have to win this match. Nothing else will really do. Three points would put a bit of daylight between us and Brechin City at the foot of the table and, hopefully, act as a catalyst to put together a series of results and see us move towards safety. We've beaten Brechin twice already this season and I'm hopeful we can do it again.

I think this is the worst run of form we've been on since I started supporting the club in 2004. There have been a couple of hard-luck stories (I think we should have taken a point against Annan Athletic and, by all accounts, we gave Cove Rangers a decent game) but we've looked poor for the best part. We all knew the squad at the start of the season wasn't really good enough but I'm not sure if it's any better after recent changes. Ryan Blair, Jordan Armstrong and Connor McBride might have their qualities but I don't think they're the kind of players you want when you're struggling, particularly where there's such an acute anxiety about relegation to the Lowland League. We're told there is still money available for additional signings but I'm yet to be convinced of Davie Irons' recruitment so far.

I've no idea how we'll line up. It really seems to be a pick 'n' mix at the moment in terms of team selection.

I think we can win. I'd be disappointed if it was anything else.

I see they have invited all the youngsters, great move for atmosphere but invariably we end up getting beaten when they take this initiative. I have blind hope we will win this one, I just can’t imagine us losing and going back to the days when we propped up Scottish football. I look back on the decisions since Corrigan was sacked and it shows how poor appointments can undo years of progress, I’m sure the Brechin supporters share the same thoughts as their decline has been as bad as ours if not worse. Come on Stenny - big push for safety starting with the points this Saturday.

51 minutes ago, YoungWarrior said:

I see they have invited all the youngsters, great move for atmosphere but invariably we end up getting beaten when they take this initiative. I have blind hope we will win this one, I just can’t imagine us losing and going back to the days when we propped up Scottish football. I look back on the decisions since Corrigan was sacked and it shows how poor appointments can undo years of progress, I’m sure the Brechin supporters share the same thoughts as their decline has been as bad as ours if not worse. Come on Stenny - big push for safety starting with the points this Saturday.

The club made the right decision to remove Martyn Corrigan - he was a popular figure but a very decent team had been drifting for months - but replacing him with Scott Booth turned out to be wrong (albeit it was broadly welcomed at the time). Brown Ferguson's sacking, meanwhile, still baffles me and we have seen no improvement since. I think that's been the key moment in our recent history and I wonder how things might have turned out if he'd been kept on.

I don't think you can compare Brechin City's decline to our current malaise either. We're in a rut at the moment but Brechin have been in freefall for the past three seasons!

48 minutes ago, Moonglum25 said:

If this wind continues the game could well be a lottery.  With our new signings it will be intersting to see how quickly they fit in.  We desperately need to win today.

Spence and Wilson should be good signings for Stenny I think personally. 

As a neutral I’m  interested to see how they play today and what the score will be. Home loss would be devastating but not insurmountable obviously except for Irons? Would he get his marching orders if Brechin win today?

Taking any bias away from the situation, think how rubbish this would be if there wasn't the relegation trapdoor threat.  Two teams with little hope of making a playoff spot with 16 games yet to be played.

Let a tasty no-holds-barred gale-force-wind-influenced scrap on sodden plastic commence...

51 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

best place to park  for the game ? oor game is off so think i will go see spencey .

Presuming you're coming by boat, probably the Forth & Clyde Canal at Camelon.