Loons v Linos

Thought it was a clear pen at the time and still do to be honest. 

Davidson has to bury that chance to be honest, but fair play to keeper. 

Dissapointing, but the general chat in the ground up until the 70 min mark was that this wasn't going to be our day. To equalise and probably feel we should win the game at least suggests a bit of character that has been missing in recent years. 

41 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Thought it was a clear pen at the time and still do to be honest. 

Davidson has to bury that chance to be honest, but fair play to keeper. 

Dissapointing, but the general chat in the ground up until the 70 min mark was that this wasn't going to be our day. To equalise and probably feel we should win the game at least suggests a bit of character that has been missing in recent years. 

Being in the away end behind the goals I didn’t have a great view regarding the Anderson challenge but that’s a stone wall penalty all day long after watching the highlights + a red card . It will be interesting how much Forfar will be up for it against Falkirk in there next game

Should've won yesterday given chances we had in 2nd half but you can't fail to turn up for halves of football constantly and expect to win these matches. First half was very poor and it seems we just turned up there expecting to win. You could tell after the first 5 minutes we weren't quite a it and Forfar's goal sums that up. We were all over the place at times with some pathetically slack passing by nearly every player.

Davidson and Tait should bury their chances and Bowie has to at least connect with that header. I know it's easier said than done but we desperately need to find a proper goalscorer. It's great having goals come from around the team but take Gullen out, which is now likely to happen, and our top league goalscorer has 4. Eventually that'll catch up with you.

We also need Miller back in asap. As good as it is to see a young player who is a fan like Watson come in I just don't think he's at this level. Yesterday Forfar just seemed to leave him alone as they knew the threat was on the left with MacDonald.

14 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Should've won yesterday given chances we had in 2nd half but you can't fail to turn up for halves of football constantly and expect to win these matches. First half was very poor and it seems we just turned up there expecting to win. You could tell after the first 5 minutes we weren't quite a it and Forfar's goal sums that up. We were all over the place at times with some pathetically slack passing by nearly every player.

Davidson and Tait should bury their chances and Bowie has to at least connect with that header. I know it's easier said than done but we desperately need to find a proper goalscorer. It's great having goals come from around the team but take Gullen out, which is now likely to happen, and our top league goalscorer has 4. Eventually that'll catch up with you.

We also need Miller back in asap. As good as it is to see a young player who is a fan like Watson come in I just don't think he's at this level. Yesterday Forfar just seemed to leave him alone as they knew the threat was on the left with MacDonald.

A bit harsh on Watson. He's come in and done a job, which is all we need him too. I had the fear when he came on against Airdrie but he's done absolutely fine. He had a superb cross into the box first half that Gullan has to do better with. 

Wouldn't suggest Forfar were focusing too much effort solely on McDonald going by the acres of space he enjoyed yesterday. 

A bit harsh on Watson. He's come in and done a job, which is all we need him too. I had the fear when he came on against Airdrie but he's done absolutely fine. He had a superb cross into the box first half that Gullan has to do better with. 
Wouldn't suggest Forfar were focusing too much effort solely on McDonald going by the acres of space he enjoyed yesterday. 

I would’ve agreed with you up until that game yesterday but Jamie Watson was by far the worst player on that park yesterday.

He has came in and done absolutely fine like you say but If Miller was on the right yesterday, we win that game though. So it’s absolutely vital we get him back soon I’d say.

The cross you mentioned was very good but he also kicked a couple directly out the park from promising positions .

Miller is far more comfortable in possession and (IMO) significantly improves us and I'd love to see him back in the starting 11. Watson struggles to retain possession when passing forwards so very often turns back inside which kills any potential attacks starting from that area of the park. He's better doing that than losing the ball right enough so playing to his capabilities is a good thing for the lad but it's not the same as having a full back who can start attacks.

I agree that he's done fine but when we're going for a title we need better than just fine. He has been much better than I expected though having seen him struggle badly any time he's played in the past, so he's definitely improving. He's definitely not let himself or the manager down and he's doing his best which is all we can really ask when he's selected.

Coming through the ranks I'd love him to come good and be a mainstay for us but I really don't see it. Maybe (hopefully) he'll continue to improve which i hope does and proves me wrong.

Hopefully we get the players available to revert to a back 3 (MacKay, Davo and Bene) and have Miller and Macca as wingbacks soon.

Agree with what most others have said about the game. On chances we could have won it but after the first half display a point was maybe fair enough.

A striker would be very welcome to take the pressure off the current strikers who aren't scoring regularly. Someone mentioned that without Gullan our next top scorers is on 4 which is worrying.

As for the incident with the keeper, has someone seriously reported him for skooshing his water bottle? Surely not.

First half Raith were so easy to play against, the midfield never won a single tackle or 50/50. Not surprised McGlynn hooked Spencer at HT as he was brutal. Matthews made such a difference in getting Raith on the front foot in the 2nd half, he himself won more tackles & 50/50’s in 45 minutes than the rest of the midfield did collectively in the whole game. Football is about balance when you have the ball & just as importantly when you don’t, if we play with the lightweight midfield that started yesterday against Livi we will have real problems.

Watson has worked out OK at RWB, but definitely isn’t the threat that Miller is there. He’s shown he’s a solid future player with us at RB or RWB, but needs time to improve his crossing and distribution, and that will be limited behind Miller, too bad, but  a nice problem to have. MacDonald is, pretty consistently, one of our best players, and certainly can play at a higher level. If JMcG’s flyer on Mendy works out, we’ll possibly have a replacement for Davo in him, as he’s reportedly better in the air than any of our current backs, although at a lower level.

Our crossing is pretty solid, so it’s a forward that just hangs around in the box, being an absolute annoyance, that would better disrupt the opposing defense and convert some choices...that should be our target.  

He was the highest one pressing at times too and yet there’s still shouts of him being overweight etc...from punters who are twice the size. It’s infuriating
Let me guess, you only see what you want to in forbes...

Last week he was an embarrassment, the fact hes played on the last man just proves malcolm is trying to accommodate the fat b*****d anyway possible. He's a passenger.

If the raith keeper was in anyway competent he doesnt score that goal.

Lets all forget we're in a relegation scrap and rub one out to the mighty ross forbes.

Guest bernardblack
Let me guess, you only see what you want to in forbes...

Last week he was an embarrassment, the fact hes played on the last man just proves malcolm is trying to accommodate the fat b*****d anyway possible. He's a passenger.

If the raith keeper was in anyway competent he doesnt score that goal.

Lets all forget we're in a relegation scrap and rub one out to the mighty ross forbes.

Would you moan if Hilson scored a tap in because it was only from a yard out?