Loons v Linos

13 minutes ago, marksteinson said:

No. Great at free kicks. But work rate, is pants. Unless you was watching a different game

There's a difference between being lazy and not being able to run, we had this same rubbish with Templeman as well. I still can't believe some of our fans don't realise his worth.

1 minute ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

There's a difference between being lazy and not being able to run, we had this same rubbish with Templeman as well. I still can't believe some of our fans don't realise his worth.

Probably still some fans who think Sanny shouldn't be in the Loons Hall of Fame!! Clueless

Just now, Jupiter Jazz said:

I do. Some people seem to think running around a lot equals good. In a poor, poor season for us Forbes has scored and created for us when literally no-one else has looked likely to. It’s the same garbage that sees Irvine given man of the match.

11 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

I do. Some people seem to think running around a lot equals good. In a poor, poor season for us Forbes has scored and created for us when literally no-one else has looked likely to. It’s the same garbage that sees Irvine given man of the match.

Spot on. Some of the stick he was getting today was unreal, yet bang average players are happily waved through. Like you say take Forbes out of that team and who's scoring or creating?

A mate of mine was up in Dundee for the weekend and had tickets for the match at Dens Park. Of course the match was off and he bumped into some 1860 Munich fans outside Dens who had come over for a visit and were disappointed that the Dundee game was off. My mate pointed them in the direction of Station Park so if you were wondering why there were some bemused Germans at the Forfar game today then its all his fault! 

11 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

If you were wondering why there were some bemused Germans at the Forfar game today then its all his fault! 

They were probably trying to figure out why a class act like Ross Forbes gets such a hostile reception from some folks. 

Guest bernardblack
Spot on. Some of the stick he was getting today was unreal, yet bang average players are happily waved through. Like you say take Forbes out of that team and who's scoring or creating?

He was the highest one pressing at times too and yet there’s still shouts of him being overweight etc...from punters who are twice the size. It’s infuriating

35 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

He was the highest one pressing at times too and yet there’s still shouts of him being overweight etc...from punters who are twice the size. It’s infuriating

Aw ye kin expect fae pigs is a grunt!! Hope they enjoyed their pies......😎

Always wary of making a judgement on a game I didn’t make, but based on those highlights we could’ve/should’ve won there. Very poor goal to concede, but should’ve been level long before we were. Looks a blatant penalty on Anderson (and a possible red card?) before Gullan missed his sitter, Tait misses a sitter in the second half and then Baird hits the post.

After the goal there were a fair few openings, but nothing clear cut apart from Bowie’s fresh air headers. Forfar’s chance early in the second half was a good one but Jamie Watson did really well I think, pushed the pass wide to the point I think it’d have to be a very good strike to beat Munro from that angle.

Frustrating but can see where McGlynn is coming from in his interview. On another day we win that game comfortably.