Winter Love Island 2020

Louis Litt

The only Love Island contribution if you can call it that is her firing from presenting it. Can't be an easy one to take. 

At any rate, the mob is going after the tabloids on this one so I doubt there will be any calls to scrap the show. 

28 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I’m actually quite sad about that. There’s something quite sinister about it all, seems the media gave her a hard time after her incident. Damn shame.

That's the way the gutter press works in this country. Trial by media. Hound and harrass relentlessly until you finally break someone. 

Sad and in all honesty a little infuriating, regardless of her alleged crimes or flaws.

The only Love Island contribution if you can call it that is her firing from presenting it. Can't be an easy one to take. 
At any rate, the mob is going after the tabloids on this one so I doubt there will be any calls to scrap the show. 

Aye the same mob who fuel the media shite will now criticise said media. Pathetic.
I was no fan of Caroline Flack but a young life lost like this is tragic.

It'll be interesting to see how they'll handle the narration of the show tomorrow night. They'll surely be hesitant to have Iain Stirling taking the piss like he usually does and with all he'll be going through it probably won't feel right for him either. 

Just a sad situation all round. 

Very tragic and very sad. Will clearly reawaken the focus on Love Island and its impact on mental health.

I don't agree with this ire aimed toward the CPS, though. If the shoe was on the other foot, and Flack didn't want to press charges against her partner who had blatantly attacked her, domestic abuse charities would have been crying blue murder if he wasn't prosecuted (and quite probably, rightly so). So this argument that the CPS should have somehow just dropped a blatantly criminal case on the basis that the defendant was vulnerable in some sense, is not only without merit but it would set the precedent that there is double standard when it comes to domestic abuse; that you're bang to rights if you're a man who lifts his hand to a woman but if it it's the other way about, there may be mitigating circumstance.

The impact that a criminal case has on mental health is a wider discussion but the argument here seems to be that there shouldn't have been a court case at all - which is frankly preposterous. There's no question whether the case contributed to her death - it quite blatantly did - but the merit of pursuing it is not up for debate. The CPS thresholds in terms of evidence and public interest were evidently met. That's the law.

A more pertinent investigation for the management team to undertake is why such a vulnerable person with an apparent history of self-harm and who had referenced suicide to the Police was left to their own devices.

Very tragic and very sad. Will clearly reawaken the focus on Love Island and its impact on mental health.
I don't agree with this ire aimed toward the CPS, though. If the shoe was on the other foot, and Flack didn't want to press charges against her partner who had blatantly attacked her, domestic abuse charities would have been crying blue murder if he wasn't prosecuted (and quite probably, rightly so). So this argument that the CPS should have somehow just dropped a blatantly criminal case on the basis that the defendant was vulnerable in some sense, is not only without merit but it would set the precedent that there is double standard when it comes to domestic abuse; that you're bang to rights if you're a man who lifts his hand to a woman but if it it's the other way about, there may be mitigating circumstance.
The impact that a criminal case has on mental health is a wider discussion but the argument here seems to be that there shouldn't have been a court case at all - which is frankly preposterous. There's no question whether the case contributed to her death - it quite blatantly did - but the merit of pursuing it is not up for debate. The CPS thresholds in terms of evidence and public interest were evidently met. That's the law.
A more pertinent investigation for the management team to undertake is why such a vulnerable person with an apparent history of self-harm and who had referenced suicide to the Police was left to their own devices.
Spot on. And if they had dropped the charges they'd have been slated just as much with calls of 'celebrities get away with murder'.

These final date episodes are just dull.

Get to the finale already.

Flack aside, I think this series has been a bit of a dud. The folk in it have no personality. The last series was going the same way before Maura showed up.

The whole hot/summer vibe that works well in the summer doesn't really chime when folk are freezing at home. 

It obviously won't happen, but it's not an overstatement to say that Luke T stealing the prize money from Siannise after they are announced as winners would be my favourite moment in TV history. 

I’m about 99% sure that was Molly Maes plan with Tommy last year.