Alloa vs Arbroath

We can’t help the wind, you can make sure the pump is working tho
Understand the pump was working pumping the water off the park but the local drains were full . what don't u understand bud the drains were full so the water was coming back into the pitch see my last 10 posts . understand the pump was working that my last post reference the pump

We can’t help the wind, you can make sure the pump is working tho

It wasn’t wind that caused the postponement, it was a waterlogged pitch. I recall an Arbroath club official shrugging his shoulders when I asked why the late call off. He was not for even apologising. I had a look at the pitch and it was in a real mess. Not a great experience but as someone else posted it does happen.

I turned up at the Recs at 3 today, along with a few Alloa fans. Hadn’t checked social media or radio since I assumed the plastic could cope with adverse weather. It wasn’t raining and there was no wind so fairly conducive to a game. My fault I suppose but the ‘all weather pitch crap’ lulled me into a false sense of security/complacency. Lesson learned but I won’t go for the rescheduled game. The few home fans I spoke to were also not best pleased.

I note another game on plastic took place nearby at Stenny so clearly not weather-related. Hope Alloa can get a grip on the drainage issue before further inconvenience occurs.

Enjoy ur smokes tonight see u in a few weeks

Aye I am personally not too arsed, hadn't left the house but feel for people who had got there or to Stirling/Perth or what not. These things happen but don't personally think this was handled well.

A midweek game always breaks up the week well. Enjoy them and will be down for it.

Aye I am personally not too arsed, hadn't left the house but feel for people who had got there or to Stirling/Perth or what not. These things happen but don't personally think this was handled well.

A midweek game always breaks up the week well. Enjoy them and will be down for it.
Good lad am sure when the clubs and spfl sort a date out it will be announced . oh not the Snow lol

3 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

The game is only off because the pump is broken, and if it was working then the game would be on?

I believe the pitch inspection was called around 12:25ish, so the pump must have broken around that time or earlier one has to assume.

On the link below you will a pump that would do the job no problem - located a mere 6 minutes drive from the ground and available for hire at just £33.

https://www.ahctools.co.uk/products/show/id/74

Is Mike Mulraney, a multi millionaire, that tight he can't fork out £33? Alternatively, there is also a B&Q fairly close to the ground I believe and I'm fairly certain you could pick up a couple of garden brushes and maybe some buckets for a tenner or so if cash is the issue here :rolleyes: 

Quite clearly if Mulraney wanted the game to be on this would have been sorted out and the pitch could've easily been cleared by 1PM.

Your points are all total bull shit not a clue what your talking about 

Arbroath will have a slightly salty flash  flood to cope with if  all the greetin going on here is anything to go by , jeez peeps how would you all cope in a real drama ?

anyway think yourself lucky , i had to watch Stenny v Brechin instead ....brutal .

Edited by whereismillar

Arbroath will have a slightly salty flash  flood to cope with if  all the greetin going on here is anything to go by , jeez peeps how would you all cope in a real drama ?

anyway think yourself lucky , i had to watch Stenny v Brechin instead ....brutal .

We know how to deal with minor floods, unlike your tinpot club