Alloa vs Arbroath

Never mind discussing "pie gate".

If this had been a big money earner , lets say Alloa Vs Celtic, live on Sky Sports does anyone really thing this game would have been pulled ?

I think we all know the answer to that question - Alloa would have pulled out all the stops and made sure the game happened.

No doubt Alloa will issue a statement soon full of apologies about "pump gate".

A little common sense and a decision either way should have been made at 11.00 a.m - both sets of fans deserve better than this.

6 minutes ago, gone fishing said:

Game now being played a week on tuesday

weetoonlad explaining the situation to a bunch of paranoid, halfwit Arbroath fans is truly a meeting of minds. 

But anyway, hopefully all the injured players are back for the rescheduled fixture and we can, ahem, pump Arbroath. 

weetoonlad explaining the situation to a bunch of paranoid, halfwit Arbroath fans is truly a meeting of minds. 
But anyway, hopefully all the injured players are back for the rescheduled fixture and we can, ahem, pump Arbroath. 
If your winning with 10 mins to go I'll pour a glass of water on the pitch and flood it and we will refuse to play,

According to an Alloa poster the pitch wasn't flooded at 11am so why would a ref call it off at that point? Late call offs are never good but if there was no reason to believe the pitch would flood by 1230 and everything was working inside the ground why would any ref call it off. Hindsite is a wonderful thing but if those posts are correct then what can you do?

Fixture should be played this midweek though Tuesday or Wednesday, no reason to postpone further.

Never mind discussing "pie gate".
If this had been a big money earner , lets say Alloa Vs Celtic, live on Sky Sports does anyone really thing this game would have been pulled ?
I think we all know the answer to that question - Alloa would have pulled out all the stops and made sure the game happened.
No doubt Alloa will issue a statement soon full of apologies about "pump gate".
A little common sense and a decision either way should have been made at 11.00 a.m - both sets of fans deserve better than this.

Some pish getting aired on this thread .

I really feel sorry for the fans that have travelled down but we've all had this before. It's an absolute horrendous day here in alloa and it's pished rain for 24 hours solid . It's horizontal just now at 4pm. If the game had started it wouldn't have finished. I

We've had injuries all season so just half that conspiracy right now . 

Some pish getting aired on this thread .

I really feel sorry for the fans that have travelled down but we've all had this before. It's an absolute horrendous day here in alloa and it's pished rain for 24 hours solid . It's horizontal just now at 4pm. If the game had started it wouldn't have finished. I
We've had injuries all season so just half that conspiracy right now . 
The maintenance team had been working from 7 to get the water away and thought by 11 they had cracked it only for the water to keep coming back onto the park . reason was the drains locally were overflowing simple move on and deal with it see yous in a few weeks

Any rescheduled midweek game should be free entry to go some way towards compensating the travelling fans. Many had already made the trip by the time of postponement.
I’m unlikely to travel again anyway given the possibility of rain in Scotland.
Am not going to games due to the winds near the seaside lol lol

I remember a game being called off at 2pm at gayfield about 5/6 years ago. These things happen, some state some people are getting in [emoji23]
100% bud the club could not do anymore the guys trying to get the water off the park were soaked . 6/7 hours work for nothing but we are only a wee club so that doesn't matter must be the sea air that effects people lol