Alloa vs Arbroath

Excellent three points and well deserved. Kevin O'Hara was the difference last night. You could see the confidence surging through him after his first goal and he was unplayable for a lot of the first half, scoring a cracking second and nearly a brilliant third.

As Waspie again points out, a lot is being asked of the small group of players and tiredness may have been part of the reason Arbroath had us pinned back in the last twenty minutes. Arbroath certainly have more options on the face of it.

Special mentions to Wee Kev for a real shift covering back to help Robbo deal with the threat of Bobby Linn effectively and Blair Malcolm coming in and doing a job.

Arbroath are a good team with a lot of solid performers, but they were always going to be sucked into the relegation battle. If they manage to get 8th or higher that would be a tremendous achievement.

Excellent three points and well deserved. Kevin O'Hara was the difference last night. You could see the confidence surging through him after his first goal and he was unplayable for a lot of the first half, scoring a cracking second and nearly a brilliant third.

As Waspie again points out, a lot is being asked of the small group of players and tiredness may have been part of the reason Arbroath had us pinned back in the last twenty minutes. Arbroath certainly have more options on the face of it.

Special mentions to Wee Kev for a real shift covering back to help Robbo deal with the threat of Bobby Linn effectively and Blair Malcolm coming in and doing a job.

Arbroath are a good team with a lot of solid performers, but they were always going to be sucked into the relegation battle. If they manage to get 8th or higher that would be a tremendous achievement.

I don't think there was too much in that game, Alloa done a good job on us and scored a cracking goal. If only Bobbys effort off the bar went in a minute after it went 1-0.

The frustrating part is that's 3 big games against Morton and Alloa we've come away with zero. Never done what we done well in the 2 previous games against you either. Pressing high up on your two centre halves from midfield.

Whatley or Gold instead of Murphy last night every day of the week.

Never done what we done well in the 2 previous games against you either. Pressing high up on your two centre halves from midfield.

Agreed, we noticed that early on and were surprised that you had changed from the last time we played you. That first game had been one of the best performances I’d seen at ours all season. I do think that we changed it up a bit this time and went long when we had to.

Agreed, we noticed that early on and were surprised that you had changed from the last time we played you. That first game had been one of the best performances I’d seen at ours all season. I do think that we changed it up a bit this time and went long when we had to.

Pain in the arse. Alloa can knock it about for fun if you don't press high up. Surface was great too I thought. Way better than a lot of the all weathers you see.

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I don't think there was too much in that game, Alloa done a good job on us and scored a cracking goal. If only Bobbys effort off the bar went in a minute after it went 1-0.

The frustrating part is that's 3 big games against Morton and Alloa we've come away with zero. Never done what we done well in the 2 previous games against you either. Pressing high up on your two centre halves from midfield.

Whatley or Gold instead of Murphy last night every day of the week.

If Whatley & Gold play last night we win, No discussion required, baffling lineup last night not packing the midfield like we usually do and playing to our strengths in the 4-5-1. Ironically how we managed to win the last 2 games against them, Hats off to the wasps  though as they are massively under pressure and needed that win a lot more than we did, if they lost then they are 10 points adrift and pretty much out of it but they have given themselves hope, Still expect them to go down but don’t ask me what the rest of the table will look like as it is now so tight it’s unbearable. 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by 36-0 Maroon