Alloa vs Arbroath

It depends on the timing of things. Did the corner flood last night or early this morning or did it flood more recently. I don't have the facts so can't be critical currently. We live in a blame society but sometimes things happen outwith people's control.

The game is only off because the pump is broken, and if it was working then the game would be on?

I believe the pitch inspection was called around 12:25ish, so the pump must have broken around that time or earlier one has to assume.

On the link below you will a pump that would do the job no problem - located a mere 6 minutes drive from the ground and available for hire at just £33.

https://www.ahctools.co.uk/products/show/id/74

Is Mike Mulraney, a multi millionaire, that tight he can't fork out £33? Alternatively, there is also a B&Q fairly close to the ground I believe and I'm fairly certain you could pick up a couple of garden brushes and maybe some buckets for a tenner or so if cash is the issue here :rolleyes: 

Quite clearly if Mulraney wanted the game to be on this would have been sorted out and the pitch could've easily been cleared by 1PM.

Really unprofessional and total shambles.
A decision should have been made no later than 11.00 a.m to inform both sets of supporters - Arbroath FC will have incurred costs for this being cancelled to ( bus hire, staff costs etc ).
The procedure for making decisions like this needs to change - you can't have fans travelling to games only to find out 90 mins before kick off the game is off.
Whoever makes the rules and procedures for this needs to get this sorted - you can't treat customers or football clubs like this.
Not suggesting it was Alloa's fault - they are following the procedures, but the timing of making such decisions needs to be reviewed and quickly.

The park was clear at 11 . but due to the drains outside the ground full the water was coming back onto the park . the pump on the park was clearly still working but as I say mother nature beat us .

It depends on the timing of things. Did the corner flood last night or early this morning or did it flood more recently. I don't have the facts so can't be critical currently. We live in a blame society but sometimes things happen outwith people's control.

I'm talking about a couple of hours earlier here, going by the state of that corner I'm pretty sure that's a reasonable thing to say. Even an hour earlier would've made a difference.

1 minute ago, weetoonlad said:
20 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:
Really unprofessional and total shambles.
A decision should have been made no later than 11.00 a.m to inform both sets of supporters - Arbroath FC will have incurred costs for this being cancelled to ( bus hire, staff costs etc ).
The procedure for making decisions like this needs to change - you can't have fans travelling to games only to find out 90 mins before kick off the game is off.
Whoever makes the rules and procedures for this needs to get this sorted - you can't treat customers or football clubs like this.
Not suggesting it was Alloa's fault - they are following the procedures, but the timing of making such decisions needs to be reviewed and quickly.

The park was clear at 11 . but due to the drains outside the ground full the water was coming back onto the park . the pump on the park was clearly still working but as I say mother nature beat us .

Why was someone from the club not able to do the 15 minute round trip to pick up another pump? There inspection was called over 2 and a half hours before kick off.

Mother nature didn't beat you - piss poor planning and basic logistics did.

1 minute ago, lichtiekev said:

Still got the game on though.....

Probably because the problems occurred after fans had been let in (I'm assuming), if the problems were known earlier the game would have or should have been called off,  I'm sure the health and safety requirements of your ground specify that adequate toilet facilities be provided. Anyway I don't want to hijack this thread. 

55 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

i have just seen Elvis walking suspiciously away from the flooded end. 

In the ghetto?  Lichties all shook up?

Call-off.PNG.4a1a5553dc584af24a2a4ade2de11b29.PNG

Suspicious minds:

“The pump has broken” is up there with the dog ate my homework.

---

Alloa struggling with injuries, and the pump for a corner which normally floods mysteriously breaks. How convenient.

etc etc...

Edited by Hedgecutter

Probably because the problems occurred after fans had been let in (I'm assuming), if the problems were known earlier the game would have or should have been called off,  I'm sure the health and safety requirements of your ground specify that adequate toilet facilities be provided. Anyway I don't want to hijack this thread. 

Aye mate please get over the fact you weren't able to get a pie and go and treat yourself to two today to ease the pain.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye mate please get over the fact you weren't able to get a pie and go and treat yourself to two today to ease the pain.

I didn't want a pie that day but thank you for that educated response. 

This from fans of a club that couldn't provide hot food or adequate working toilets on the opening game of the season.  Obviously irony is lost on them. 

That’s not even remotely the same, something unforeseen you might say. And it didn’t impact on the game going ahead.

Weather is forecasted, and presumably Alloa have paid a fortune to renew a synthetic surface in 2016 and the drainage isn’t fit for purpose seeing as some Alloa fans have already referred to it as “the corner that usually floods.”

Why was someone from the club not able to do the 15 minute round trip to pick up another pump? There inspection was called over 2 and a half hours before kick off.
Mother nature didn't beat you - piss poor planning and basic logistics did.
What don't you not understand 1 pump 2 pumps 3 pumps the water can't go any where the town drains are overflowing can take anymore water the pump at the park is working but due to the drains being full its just coming back in . You Understand now