Underbelly City v Queen's Park

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
11 hours ago, tamthebam said:
When we came up from the Lowland League it was a lesson that we learned that if you don't stand your ground you get shafted. And Edinburgh City are not here to get shafted.
Personally I don't like it but it's reality. And most teams in the SPFL have a nippy wee bugger. 
And what's worse- somebody going down with a pretend hamstring injury who, miracle of miracles, can suddenly sprint across the pitch at a rapid rate of knots as I saw at least one QP player do yesterday- or a nippy wee guy getting at the referee?

He's still a wee shite.

I thought it was a really nice moment when he offered you outside at the final whistle, followed by his defence lawyer's cry of "he never touched any bairns" 

Such a classy bunch

I thought it was a really nice moment when he offered you outside at the final whistle, followed by his defence lawyer's cry of "he never touched any bairns" 
Such a classy bunch

Quite a few EC fans nippy at the end. Seems they’re not used to getting beat. If they had a sustained slump, pretty certain their numbers would thin out quickly.

On Thomson, he’s not a leader or inspirational in any way. Riff raff actually. I find it hard not to conclude his captaincy is merely to justify the clubs choice.

Fantastic performance from all the lads.

Thought it was going to be the same old story against them through there after getting no luck in the first half. We showed the creativity that was missing last week, combined with the strength of character that got us the win last week. Galt is an absolute class act ( how could anybody ever seriously suggest he be left out the team?)  and Sal just gets better and better.  Another great save from Muir at the death, followed by clearance off the line from Summers, to stop them stealing an undeserved point.  

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Such a classy bunch

talking of classy bunches, that the sort of stuff those fun loving C***e fans come out with...

16 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

talking of classy bunches, that the sort of stuff those fun loving C***e fans come out with...

Can't think of much we have in common with Clyde other than vague geography. I can certainly think of something that Edinburgh City and Clyde have in common.

Fantastic performance from all the lads.
Thought it was going to be the same old story against them through there after getting no luck in the first half. We showed the creativity that was missing last week, combined with the strength of character that got us the win last week. Galt is an absolute class act ( how could anybody ever seriously suggest he be left out the team?)  and Sal just gets better and better.  Another great save from Muir at the death, followed by clearance off the line from Summers, to stop them stealing an undeserved point.  

Not to steal Willies thunder, but I think it was a block from an EC player. So well done to him; made my weekend a bit sweeter. Like you said, Summers does really well. Sometimes it’s best to flood the goal line and stand strong.
I’ve always been a fan of men on the posts. Sometimes it’s the difference between winning or losing.

You've taken this too far!

Seriously though, if you expect no comeback from other teams' fans on a fairly regular basis when your club employs the guy and makes him captain, you're being incredibly naive. That he's a wee nebby shite as well gives us something else to complain about. Which is where I came in. The rest of it has indeed been done to death.

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

When we came up from the Lowland League it was a lesson that we learned that if you don't stand your ground you get shafted. And Edinburgh City are not here to get shafted.

Personally I don't like it but it's reality. And most teams in the SPFL have a nippy wee bugger. 

And what's worse- somebody going down with a pretend hamstring injury who, miracle of miracles, can suddenly sprint across the pitch at a rapid rate of knots as I saw at least one QP player do yesterday- or a nippy wee guy getting at the referee?

That pretend ham string got him taken off and will see him out for the next few weeks. Thomson is a good player but he has a quick temper and is a wee bit like a small Cowdenbeath player. they are great players if in your team and a couple of wee b------s if they are playing against you. Such is football.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Nice deflection tactic but I was merely reporting what I heard but if I have to put it in more context for you.... .

Late in the game, one of our fans had a go at him for getting involved in something on the park that had nothing to do with him. Thomson, of course, responded and our fan then called him " a horrible human being".  Thomson then offered the fan a square go after the game. 

Nobody had actually referred directly to his nonce antics during this incident but then one of Thomson's acolytes decided to get involved and started screaming about bairns etc.