Underbelly City v Queen's Park

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The Hampden catering is embarrassing. Only the stewards add less to the matchday experience.

It does always seem daft to rattle about the main stand segregated from each other- i mean you guys aren't exactly the OF and we're not exactly the CCS - and then we just mix at half time in the concourse...

bit windy out there- I think this will be both teams trying to play our silky football:

852949933_busterk.gif.4cfd4c6d294826c86068b399fc6bd64e.gif

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It does always seem daft to rattle about the main stand segregated from each other- i mean you guys aren't exactly the OF and we're not exactly the CCS - and then we just mix at half time in the concourse...

bit windy out there- I think this will be both teams trying to play our silky football:

852949933_busterk.gif.4cfd4c6d294826c86068b399fc6bd64e.gif

I remember a few Friday nights in my younger years when that was me trying to get home. Without the wind.

52 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Chased everything looked fitter and tactfully blew them away.
What a difference a week makes!!
More please...

Some result for Queens today after going 1-0 down. Bounce factor continues for McKinnon.

Didnt see EC losing today

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Terrific dig and I reckon it was deserved.

Good to see Mortimer have another good game. Galt immense; Finnie a different guy in the middle of the park; no disappointments at all. An all-round excellent performance.

Killie next to fall to the Raymondo Bounce.

Queens deserved to win today. You'd think they were trying to win the league with the effort they put in.

City were very poor. Half the  team lacked urgency and a couple are just not good enough.

Still, we've been on a good run, hopefully we'll come again.

Queens should be aiming for the playoffs now if continue to play like that!

Queens were excellent and well worth their victory.

City were poor from the off and in truth, we were lucky to be in front to start with.  Hopefully just a blip but that performance was reminiscent of the latter part of last season. A little break from the league next week might do is some good.

More or less same selection but a different team. Much improved performance. Organised and working for each other. Pleased for Billy whose ball control and touch looks more assured, same with Finnie. Confidence throughout the team makes a difference. Hope all ok with Jamieson.

Thought Finnie and Galt were outstanding. Great to see that Finnie is versatile and can play in a number of positions and today was his best game for the club so far. Unbelievable ball from Galt for the 2nd goal and once again Salim finishes it off. It really is great having a goalscorer in the team for once.  2 points off 4th place now and we begin to look up the table, whilst confidence levels will be high for the Kilmarnock game. Here’s hoping. 

Outstanding from start to finish. Galt doing Galt things for both goals, goal machine Mortimer notching another one, Joffrey outstanding, Finniesta a revelation in midfield in the first half. Salim's finish was tremendous. Wullie Muir saving at the end. Brilliant. 

IMG_20200111_103906.jpg

As others have said yer man Galt absolutely strolled it today and that pass for the 2nd goal was outrageous. We, on the other hand were pathetic across the board. Big questions about our mentality if we put in a performance like that when we've got a chance to go top and put some pressure on the Teuchter Rangers.

Couple of players in that dream that drive me daft. Honestly was close to losing the run of myself when Stewart just randomly lofted the ball over the bar.

If goals from set pieces didn't count we'd be fucked! 

Interesting day and learned a bit about the new boss. First point to make is that we came from behind and won. Second point would be we beat a team for the second time that we couldn’t even nick a goal from last year. A team who have won 10 and drew one of their 11 home games this season.

Thirdly was the formation changes. Finnie at right mid offering a balance to Galt’s position on the left side of the field. Joffers behind them as the link between defence and middle. Same players, just better balanced. And lastly, the positive post match interview gives a clue as to the half-time talk and perhaps how we had two goals within 10 minutes.

There’s still big things to fix, most worryingly the distance between front and back and how often midfielders get drawn out of position and leave holes but I get the feeling the coach will fix those. Great goals, great win.

MotM: David Galt. Literally the game changer.