Underbelly City v Queen's Park

Our win against City in the game at Hampden was the first time we'd laid a glove on them in the league. We've yet to do so against them at Ainslie Park.

I'd hope we'd maybe have a new face or two involved on Saturday, but we'll see what happens. One of our worst home performances of the season last weekend yielded three points, which is a positive in the sense that we've not been in the habit of digging a result out.

Anything we get from this would be an enormous bonus. Not many teams come away from there with a result. 

Underbelly are a sore point with one of our fans anyway.. thankfully they've phuqed off until the b*****ding Festival. Glasgow has always wanted a slice of the festival and I've always said we should let Glaswegians share in the misery of being accosted by poncy twats from Oxbridge as they try and go about their daily business. Mind you the murder rate in Glasgow is high enough... 

As for the game, we're on a good run, Queens' haven't laid a glove on us at Ainslie. So it all points to a 4-0 win for the Spiders.... :rolleyes:

Very tricky fixture. Far more testing than last week. Galt and big Nicky back will be a boost. Arguably the 2 main figures I’d like to see on contracts first.
We’ve had nae luck against them in Edinburgh. Only 2-1 if I remember right from our last trip though. A draw would be a nifty result considering the recent run of performances (including last week).
Ray might learn much more about his squad than he did against Stenny. Luck won’t ride this one out. Hard work and a pinch of quality if we’re to get a result.

43 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Hopefully the players can take some confidence from the fact we won 2-0 on our last visit to Ainslie Park.

It's just a shame the grassy knoll behind the goal won't be open for this one 😒

It would be if it was a Scottish Cup tie. The SPFL don't like grassy knolls for some reason or other. ( :guns)

Yours,

Lee Harvey Bawbag.

Think Ray need a few weeks to get to know the squad. As he said in interviews at the weekend he has to take advice from Quinny and other staff. Don't think  we will sign 2 many players over Januarys window.  We need some vocal players. The game against stenny on Saturday was very quiet and only players we could here was stennys. Hearing a few players possibly leaving in January due to lack of playing time. We need a organiser at the back. A strong experienced defensive midfielder. As previous posters said block away possibly to Raith. Another forward is a must. We were very poor on Saturday but still won the game. 

We have a few good players that I would like to see kept on by Ray.  Bring in some hungry players not money grabbers. 

Going to be strong winds and pishing rain on Saturday. Suspect we might be huddled in the stand. Will be absolutely seething if there is a repeat of the lack of curry pies, as happened at the Spartans game. Best in the league. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Going to be strong winds and pishing rain on Saturday. Suspect we might be huddled in the stand. Will be absolutely seething if there is a repeat of the lack of curry pies, as happened at the Spartans game. Best in the league. 

Huddled together with curry pies, that sounds a recipe for disaster!

What's QP fans view on Mckinnon being appointed?

Seems to get a lot of stick from fans of other clubs he's been at on social media. Personally I think it's a good appointment for you moving forward. He knows the lower leagues, has the contacts etc and with you guys paying players as of next season it could work. There's a lot worse out there 

Seems to get a lot of stick from fans of other clubs he's been at on social media. Personally I think it's a good appointment for you moving forward. He knows the lower leagues, has the contacts etc and with you guys paying players as of next season it could work. There's a lot worse out there 
There's a bit of discussion on the Mark Roberts situation that muddies the water, but McKinnon's appointment is seen as a positive one. I don't think anyone's too bothered about what's said on social media.

8 hours ago, The reformed Spiv said:

I'm quite positive about it personally. Feels similar to the appointments of Billy Stark and Gus Macpherson in terms of where he is in his career and I think he will do well.

Going for someone inexperienced or on an "upward trajectory" from the Juniors or Lowland League would be a bigger risk I think (as would doing nothing)

As for all the wee Falkirk and Morton fans on here and elsewhere , we are quite capable of forming our own opinions thank you. We heard lots of dire warnings about the two aforementioned appointments and they worked out ok!

17 hours ago, The reformed Spiv said:

Don't....... Just dont 

I can imagine you would be pissed off.

Am I right in saying this happens at most of your homes game and not just because the Premiership is on a break? I'm all for deals attracting more punters at this time of year but should make it a tenner for everyone. After years of our supporters banging on at the club that we should lower the cost a couple of times a season, we at last did this last week. Charged a fiver and added a few hundred onto the gate.

Don't get me started though on the fact we usually charge £15....  

I can imagine you would be pissed off.
Am I right in saying this happens at most of your homes game and not just because the Premiership is on a break? I'm all for deals attracting more punters at this time of year but should make it a tenner for everyone. After years of our supporters banging on at the club that we should lower the cost a couple of times a season, we at last did this last week. Charged a fiver and added a few hundred onto the gate.
Don't get me started though on the fact we usually charge £15....  

It used to be a regular thing, every week actually, where we offered discounted entry for Hibs/Hearts season ticket holders but it’s now only occasionally and I presume is to align with the international breaks.

I’m a bit torn as we do need to attract more people through the gates and if a few of these Hibs and Hearts fans end up coming 3 or 4 times a season on the back of this then that’s a start. But aye, it’s not great having City fans that don’t have a season ticket or away fans of whoever we’re playing paying 20% more.

For me the discounted offer should be for Edinburgh residents on these weekends. And I would like to see an initiative across the whole league where season ticket holders of the opposition (so Queens on Saturday) get discounted entry.

Hoping it’s slightly cheaper to visit your lot next season, including the pies and cups of tea.

It used to be a regular thing, every week actually, where we offered discounted entry for Hibs/Hearts season ticket holders but it’s now only occasionally and I presume is to align with the international breaks.

I’m a bit torn as we do need to attract more people through the gates and if a few of these Hibs and Hearts fans end up coming 3 or 4 times a season on the back of this then that’s a start. But aye, it’s not great having City fans that don’t have a season ticket or away fans of whoever we’re playing paying 20% more.

For me the discounted offer should be for Edinburgh residents on these weekends. And I would like to see an initiative across the whole league where season ticket holders of the opposition (so Queens on Saturday) get discounted entry.

Hoping it’s slightly cheaper to visit your lot next season, including the pies and cups of tea.

The Hampden catering is embarrassing. Only the stewards add less to the matchday experience.