Greenock Morton vs Dunfermline Athletic

11 hours ago, Adam101 said:

McCrorie - 6 clean sheets, 15 goals conceded. [from 15 games]

Morton before McCrorie joined - 3 clean sheets and 30 conceded (from 21 games)

Morton with Ryan Scully in goal - 2 clean sheets and 19 conceded (from 11 of those games)

So Morton were conceding nearly a goal per game more with Scully than McCrorie in goal, with no substantial change to the rest of the defensive unit or dunce manager in charge during the transfer window. A massive improvement that was naturally key to not only keeping us up but finishing in the top half of the table.

Thanks for playing anyway.

I think you'll find it was your forward players who helped you finish above us not which lettuce wristed fumbling diddy you had in goals.

You quite clearly didn't actually watch Jonatan Johannson's Morton side last season then, as 'swashbuckling attacking play' was not the definition of that side at any point under his tenure. It was instead 'defensive, two banks of four shitehousery', which heavily relied on a goalkeeper to not chuck them in every other week as Scully did. 

Nothing sums up the manic-depressive nature of the Dunfermline fanbase quite like this wagon-circling exercise around Scully last season, while at the same time believing that he's useless and should never play another game for them now. You hate to see it happen. 

Edited by vikingTON

Can’t believe there is even a discussion about this, apart from the usual tedious individual baiting going on.

Scully isn’t a very good goalkeeper. McCrorie is already better than him and will probably improve as he gains experience.

End of.

Scully came in and performed better than what Robinson had been that season, an alright signing. His form has tailed off something woeful though. 

We seem to sign a keeper every January who comes in, does decent for 6 months, then loses all sensation below the wrists in the following 6. 

McCrorie is a better keeper. 

8 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Robinson and Scully as yer keepers. My condolences.

Would much rather have Robinson than Scully. Robinson was actually decent for us. He did make a couple of absolute howlers but nowhere near as much as Scully. 

Would much rather have Robinson than Scully. Robinson was actually decent for us. He did make a couple of absolute howlers but nowhere near as much as Scully. 
If I remember correctly Crawford got rid of Robinson because he only trained with us part time. Says it all when his full time trained replacement looks worse.
Apart from shields our coaching seems weak.

Robinson was phenomenal when he first came in, his debut against Falkirk was among one of the best keeper performances in recent years.

Craw wanted his goalie working FT with the squad though and he wasn't willing to commit to that, due to his Pishy keepers trying to be ballers course.

Robinson had a poor first half of that season, Scully did look better when he came on. 

However Robinsons poor form was much better than what we've endured from Scully and Gill. 

Now that Kiltie is away we're fucked, Morton look a great price on Saturday. 

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

An utter shanner for Morton if they can't win on Saturday tbh.

Getting an appetite for this.

We are shite you are shite

All former Morton goalies are shite

Hope springs eternal maybe two on the bounce for us.

Now you would not be telling any lies eh I am now expecting an easy win.

It's already chucking it down furiously on the Clyde Riviera and is expected to continue like this into tomorrow - I'd be surprised if the park (or at least the stand side gully) doesn't get waterlogged again. There's also a chance that the surrounding roads will flood and get the game called off instead, which happened against Hibs a few years ago. 

7/10 chance the game's off IMO.

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I thought Morton had one of the better grounds for drainage in the league? 

We've only had 2 or 3 games called off for a waterlogged pitch since the drainage was sorted in about 2002. 

The pitch has deteriorated in recent seasons due to overuse, though. And we're also skint and a bit clueless at the moment, basically. So if a drainage issue has arisen, which might be the case on the main stand side, I have very little confidence in it being sorted any time soon. 

Was just going to ask if the game was in doubt and what the arrangements were (last time I parked in the usual spot at the away end then had to walk all the way round to the home end to get a ticket then walk through the home end to get to the away end of the stand? Which wasn't great but having to do so at the end when there is a perfectly good gate at the away end? Bonkers) but it looks like there'll be no game anyway. Probably for the best tbh.