Greenock Morton vs Dunfermline Athletic

Difficult game against the heroes of Gayfeild. Hopefully we get them still hungover.

Pars to start reasonably well, miss a couple of chances, concede and then absolutely crumble.

Or take one of those chances, score another 10-15 mins later and hold on from there.   That covers about 95% of our performances this season, with example a taking coming through more the last few weeks. 

Can we have a goalkeeper for this one? its becoming increasingly difficult to win matches with 10 men and a comedy act behind them.

I don't think Morton have been very good this season. 

Thankfully for them we're very much in a rut, if Kiltie gets recalled we're very much fucked. Although I doubt it'll be before the winter break is over. Ideally we could do with another attacking option plus a goalkeeper, plz. 

2 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Were the two players recalled by Hearts getting regular game time? I’m maybe clutching at straws here but will take any advantage we can get!

No. McDonald came on a few times and Cochrane got a couple of games but largely ineffective. I'd be quietly confident if I was a Morton supporter, especially if we don't add to the squad this week. 

Dunfermline fans currently in the downer phase of their perennial, manic-depressive cycle about their first team; I guess it must make those entirely predictable, humdrum, midtable finishes seem a bit more entertaining. 

It would be in keeping with our current clowncar operation behind the scenes if we contrived to get a third Saturday home match postponed due to bad weather this season, so that seems like the most likely outcome to me. If the game goes ahead and we follow the stupid old saw of 'not changing a winning team' then we'll probably get turned over, as Saturday's starting eleven simply isn't good enough to sustain a run of good results.  

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Amazed to discover we've won twice at Cappielow since the title-clincher.

Have *zero* memory of either game.

One ended a long unbeaten home run (which stopped just short of a year, I think), the other started our winless run to the playoffs under Duffy following a televised win at Falkirk. 

No idea what to expect this Saturday. Hopefully no new blockings.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Amazed to discover we've won twice at Cappielow since the title-clincher.

Have *zero* memory of either game.

Was one of those not long before we got relegated? Morton had pretty much given up hope off the title but I think that ended it. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

Was one of those not long before we got relegated? Morton had pretty much given up hope off the title but I think that ended it. 

Yes. We'd just lost midweek in a crunch match at Firhill which pretty much ended our chances. 

We opted to come down and join you at the end of the following season.

21 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I don't think Morton have been very good this season. 

.............. if Kiltie gets recalled we're very much fucked. 

1. Yes this is true

2. Well you sub him last visit allowing us to grab a point. But true it would be good for us, great player at this level